ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY 2011

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
Lee

Re: Camping Weekend Down South

Post by Lee »

Forgot to add to the PM that I'll be up for a bit of Salisbury plain playing – it'll be easier will all those extra people to pick my bike up for me :-)
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Not too sure I can go on the plains, dont know what the terrain is like and on road tyres with SWMBO in tow - it'll dampen the experience a bit I think. She wont enjoy it and I'll be out of my depth.

Perhaps a road ride could be organised??
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Right chaps,

As requested by the boss Ive done [2] routes the first is a all day mega tour covering 128mls + encompassing the Newforest [little bit] and some nice green lanes which will be suitable for all bikes with tourance type tyres as long as its been dry.
Surface is gravel and chalk but may have a few puddles with a bike wash ford thrown in for those intrepid folk [ but a near by bridge to take pics of people falling in].

Then a quick circuit of the salisbury plain perimeter road [gravel] to warminster then down to shafetsbury [aka hovis hill] and up zig zag hill with spectacular views and a little green lane to Tollard Royal [okay ya!!] before dropping down to Fordingbridge and Ringwood on some faster roads and across the forest to the camp area.

Plenty of pics stops and grub stops etc but all day affair well worth it if coming form afar.

summer ride out.gpx
(174.23 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Next is a route around the Newforest of about 57mls but with loads to see including Beaulie and Bucklers Hard and Lyndhurst before cutting up ornamental drive [nice trees etc] and across to pickets post and then Ringwood with nice twisty route back to the camp with a visit to the sea side at Milford on sea with views over to the isle of wight and the Needles this is a pleasant day out with plenty to see and get off the bike for a bit of tourist thing:woohoo:

forest ride.gpx
(97.08 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

People can use these as they wish if they want to do their own thing but the salisbury bit needs local maps and knowledge.

I`ll lead the big route with a group of no more than 6 to respect the enviroment etc but if more want to come I`m sure we could find a willing volunteer so we could just split up for the off road sections and met up for the road bits.

Hope this is okay Jim?

If people want to come on my ride out please pm Jim so he knows whats going on and he`ll let me know.

For the Sunday I can do a little forest ride to sammy millars motorcycle musuem with a ABR photo shot for breakfast if people are interested , it could be a idea if lots want to come if we contacted sammys etc?

what do you all think? I know some are coming from out of the area and its a shame not to see what Hampshire has to offer with a little bit of wiltshire thrown in.
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

pm sent

And the Mega tour 128 for me

Cheers Big Dave + Wifey
Shiney side up
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

wifey
just told me about the street market on saturdays in lymington not to be missed if passing through and they also do boat trips up the river and to the island.

I should be a travel agent:laugh: :laugh:
knobbly

Post by knobbly »

PM sent......Cheers
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Tramp wrote:Right chaps,

As requested by the boss Ive done [2] routes the first is a all day mega tour covering 128mls + encompassing the Newforest [little bit] and some nice green lanes which will be suitable for all bikes with tourance type tyres as long as its been dry.
Surface is gravel and chalk but may have a few puddles with a bike wash ford thrown in for those intrepid folk [ but a near by bridge to take pics of people falling in].

Then a quick circuit of the salisbury plain perimeter road [gravel] to warminster then down to shafetsbury [aka hovis hill] and up zig zag hill with spectacular views and a little green lane to Tollard Royal [okay ya!!] before dropping down to Fordingbridge and Ringwood on some faster roads and across the forest to the camp area.

Plenty of pics stops and grub stops etc but all day affair well worth it if coming form afar.

summer ride out.gpx

Next is a route around the Newforest of about 57mls but with loads to see including Beaulie and Bucklers Hard and Lyndhurst before cutting up ornamental drive [nice trees etc] and across to pickets post and then Ringwood with nice twisty route back to the camp with a visit to the sea side at Milford on sea with views over to the isle of wight and the Needles this is a pleasant day out with plenty to see and get off the bike for a bit of tourist thing:woohoo:

forest ride.gpx

People can use these as they wish if they want to do their own thing but the salisbury bit needs local maps and knowledge.

I`ll lead the big route with a group of no more than 6 to respect the enviroment etc but if more want to come I`m sure we could find a willing volunteer so we could just split up for the off road sections and met up for the road bits.

Hope this is okay Jim?

If people want to come on my ride out please pm Jim so he knows whats going on and he`ll let me know.

For the Sunday I can do a little forest ride to sammy millars motorcycle musuem with a ABR photo shot for breakfast if people are interested , it could be a idea if lots want to come if we contacted sammys etc?

what do you all think? I know some are coming from out of the area and its a shame not to see what Hampshire has to offer with a little bit of wiltshire thrown in.
Tramp, these GPX files don't open (for me) in a recognisable format, I have Mapsource, but they didn't open with that. Any advice?
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

So no road ride? :(

I really dont think SWMBO would be happy with doing a trip like this with green lanes... or perhaps I could go it alone? Hmm...
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

can someone else please try the gpx link ..cheers

or try this programme..

http://maps.the-hug.net/

it shows all the greenlanes too.

if the gpx dont work I`ll upload as gpb but its on the other laptop.

Verse- maybe a few would like a road ride out up wilts if so I could do a road route taking in the sites etc.
numptyspence

Post by numptyspence »

gpx's work you need to click save as. If it helps here are some screen shots of the route

summer run

forest run

Is any one with local knowledge doing any road routes ?

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”