My take on the rally and a few pics

africajim

Post by africajim »

Fiona and myself set off on the Friday morning from the NE of Scotland down to Cumbria for our fourth Boil rally.
We had one shower passing over the Lecht from Tomintoul to Strathdon then a dry run all the way down to Kirkby Stephen. Once the tent was up we had a nice meal and spoke to a few of the participants for this year, Andy outrunner, a couple of guys from Stirling (one who had just bought my old Africa Twin), Bonniebird and Homer, Jimbo650, Paul S and more.
The rain came through the night, and damn, did it rain! Come morning we had breakfast and met up to see who was going where. It was agreed Andy Outrunner and myself would join Paul S on his planned route to the Lakes and take in a few of the passes.
A great day was had, 180 miles, some wet, some dry, but a fantastic rideout was had!
Saturday night and we had supper with Hudders, Bonniebird, Homer and Paul S. This was followed up by a visit to the pub then back to the campsite for a few drinks in front of the campfire! A damned fine night was had by all!
Sunday, time to pack up. After a good cooked breakfast we packed up our tent and Fiona and myself made the long trek back home, 318 miles witha lot of rain thrown in!
So, to sum it up? A good time was had by all who were there. More folk were expected and it was noticed by a few, nobody from ABR magazine made an appearance?
Special thanks to Andy Outrunner for the dry wit, Paul S for the spectacular rideout on Saturday (my muscles are aching after controlling the Thug trying to keep up with you!) And of course, to Paul and Maria for being perfect hosts as ever!
Here's a few pics from the weekend, enjoy!

Honisterpassfromtheslatemine.jpg
Honisterpassfromtheslatemine.jpg (267.14 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
KTMcorner.jpg
KTMcorner.jpg (302.97 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
itrainedabit.jpg
itrainedabit.jpg (275.33 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
IsthisUKGSrs.jpg
IsthisUKGSrs.jpg (200.26 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
kneedownwithatrainPaul.jpg
kneedownwithatrainPaul.jpg (239.72 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
quickenoughforAndy.jpg
quickenoughforAndy.jpg (194.73 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
sexiestbikethere.jpg
sexiestbikethere.jpg (255.42 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
Honda, the power of dreams.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Sorry to have missed to you both, looks like you had a great weekend despite the rain :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Sand Rover

Re: My take on the rally and a few pics

Post by Sand Rover »

yeh i quite enjoyed the weekend as well, not as many people as i expected but not a bad bunch, starting to think the adventure rallys have ran there course.. but we will see (thumbs)

image_2014-05-13.jpg
image_2014-05-13.jpg (55.99 KiB) Viewed 13958 times
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Cheers Jim

I knew them tyres were hard on that train but I was determined to get my knee down!
Heff

Post by Heff »

Looks like you all had a good time.

Some excellent roads by the looks of it (thumbs)

Thanks for posting
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Daymo

Post by Daymo »

Nice pics Jim, we had a rock night to attend on the Saturday night so we went home early.

Hope to bump into Fiona and yourself again sometime.

The boys from Stirling.
africajim

Post by africajim »

Daymo wrote:Nice pics Jim, we had a rock night to attend on the Saturday night so we went home early.

Hope to bump into Fiona and yourself again sometime.

The boys from Stirling.
No probs mate, Saturday night was a hoot as well! I'm sure we'll see you on the go!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “ABR Boil rally Cumbria 8-11th May 2014”