ABR Chilterns Rally Feedback

950Adventure

Re: ABR Chilterns Rally Feedback

Post by 950Adventure »

Many thanks GOG for organising the event. I thought everything was spot on. My first event and am already looking forward to doing more. I enjoyed the road road and the fact that we didnt lose anyone ion the way is nothing short of a miracle. Cheers and see you soon.
nevsey

Post by nevsey »

GOG 007 wrote:
matthewcashmore wrote:
dubber68 wrote:
PS someones snoring was louder than any traffic or plane so it would not have mattered where we were camped.
I did feel I was in the world snoring championships at one point....
That would have been Nev then :laugh: :unsure:
and a certain someone else.

I have to say noise wasn't a problem. I never heard the planes or cars just the gentle ripple of snoring from the valley :laugh:

Also a few obviously didn't notice the other showers then :p but a great weekend, fantastic weather B) one or two beers and good company. Thanks to Mark for setting it all up and leading us on the ride. The only thing is I'm still trying to get the smoke out of my clothes :pinch: I was popular when I got home :laugh:

See you all at the Boil :)
SSchultz

Post by SSchultz »

My first ABR rally,definitely not the last one!Excellent organisation,great location,fantastic weather.Wasn't bothered by planes,road or snoring noises(might be because I was well anesthetised :blush: :sick: ) Every little piece of gear is well smoked,even the tent pegs :laugh:
We met some very friendly fellow riders and felt more then welcome at the event.Too bad couldn't make it earlier to catch a ride out.
See you again in May at Norfolk Rally :)
datsun fan

Post by datsun fan »

A big thanks and well done to Mark for a well organized event and well planned road ride with Nev, plenty of stops and only one U turn!
On Thursday eve the wind was howling up the valley from the road - so carried the noise up with it, seemed quite loud to me at the time - and it did seem a bit of a trek to the showers, bogs and water but Charles the owner is improving things.

will catch up at another meet - probably with as much planning as this one!
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

Thanks Guys & Gals for your feedback it is appreciated, it can only get better ;)

The Camp Site - Charles the owner was only in a psoition to offer us the field where we stayed and to be honest I did think that only 15-20 peeps might turn up, was amazed it ended up at the numbers it did, including 3 guests who saw the event on the interweb and decided to come, nothing to do with ABR, but they paid their money and even won a raffle prize, and told me they had,had a good time. The Farm is still a 'work in progress' with regards to Camping and Caravaning, but I think you would agree that Charles was a pleasent host, left us alone and was more than helpful with the wood etc, mind you seeing him in his hockey strip was a bit of a surprise :huh: Next year I will book earlier and request the top field nearer the loos.

Ride Outs - I have to thank Tramp (Russ), Mad Cow (Tony), Ollie & Matt (Chris's stand ins) for their help in leading the off roading, hopefully Chris (Mudwiz) will be along next year to take out a more extreme ride, but from the feedback recieved everyone who went off road had a good time, and more importantly no injuries ;)

I also have to thank my TEC (Nevsey) for his help with the road ride out, it was cut a bit short than intended but time was getting on and I took the decision to get back in daylight.

Food - Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I didn't because it all went before I could get a look in, so perhaps next year I need bigger saucepans :laugh:

Raffle - We raised a 190 quids for charity which is fantastic, so thank you very much.

Whilst there is quiet a bit of organisation to host one of these events, I enjoy doing it, and it becomes all worth while when you all have a good time. So here's to next years ABR Chilterns International Chill Out Weekend, and hope to see you at the Boil or some other event this year.
Love GOG xxx
Derek2031

Post by Derek2031 »

Hi guys - thanks for a great event!
I was one of the guests - now signed up. Looking forward to meeting you at the next event, Cheers,
Derek (the tall guy!)

2005 xt660r
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

One tiny extra thought. In the hope that you do it all again next year, what about doing it the week after? So that the clocks will have already gone foward, and we get an extra hour of evening?

Actually a more general thought would be if the meets could all rotate each year so that they fell in different months, but maybe that's for another thread?
Happiness has 125cc ...

Return to “ABR Chilterns Chill Out Weekend March 22nd to 25th 2012”