ABR Chilterns Rally Feedback

markoh

Re: ABR Chilterns Rally Feedback

Post by markoh »

Thanks for an excellent weekend, had a great time. Looking forward to the next one. Seemed well organised to me.

Cheers
Mark
Barftone

Post by Barftone »

Thanks for a great weekend. Well done organisers all. Site was in a good location but we got the poor deal with the bottom field and loo,s. Freezing shower for me this morning certainly woke me up! Definately come again but maybe the organisers could negotiate a better location up on the top field. The farmer made good money out of us for this time of year. he could of made a real killing if he had some milk, cans of booze etc at reasonable price. Nice to meet a lot of you and my Buff was lurverly and comfy on the way home! Thanks again.
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

What a fab weekend!!! Thanks Gog and everyone involved.

My first ever group ride out, very well planned - and impressed by how well the 2nd man system works. For me no issues regards the campsite, i'll camp anywhere - didn't really notice too much road noise - but that was because I was sleeping with earplugs.

Great company as always on a ABR event - had a great time and a great ride home in the sunshine.

Think the next one for me is Brecon - see you there :woohoo:

Also thanks to Jono for sorting my bike beforehand. The old bike did well - apart from me not turning the fuel tap on, when it stalled at the bottom of the campsite/road junction - took me a minute to twig :blush:
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Great weekend and glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Yes the road was a bit noisy but that's what earplugs are for :whistle:

And I suppose I'm used to the planes, I lived directly under the Luton flightpath for three years (in the opposite direction as it's unusual for them to approach from the South West as they were this weekend).

The one shower was a bit of a disapointment but hey we're smelly bikers aren't we! :laugh:

The Chilli was great a big thank you to Mark for arranging that.

And sorry that I went against the spirit of things and turned up in the Land Rover but i'm already designing a decent size rack that I can fit on the CCM to enable to do the next one by bike (although I could always bring the Triumph as I won't be leading the green lane ride).

And Tramp glad you liked the route but where did you find that gate? It certainly wasn't on my route
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
steveaaa0

Post by steveaaa0 »

First rally for me. A few nerves before arrival but needn't of worried, everyone was very welcoming and chatty.

Only popped in for the day due to work commitments :-(. I braved the 'offroad ride for newby's with road tyres, and had a fantastic day, loads of laughs and a couple of challenges!!

A huge thankyou to everyone involved in the organisation of the rally, and the guys who showed us round the lanes.

Great day, can't wait for the next one :-)
matthewcashmore

Post by matthewcashmore »

What a great weekend. Site: great little site - road was a bit on the noisy side, but that settled down after 1am. Facilities were very good (albeit a little far away) - water was hot, showers were clean, lots of toilets. I noticed a new toilet block being built right next to the field we were in. Found the rubbish point and the water tap after a little hunting. Fantastic to have a site that let us have a fire and wasn't concerned about a bunch of bikers turning up. Ride out: It was brilliant to have the beginners group - bike bikes, road tyres - the leaders were fantastic and we had a lot of fun. Thank you very much to all the guys who made that happen. Couldn't have asked for better. Pre-organisation: spot on fellas, really really well put together - thank you so much for all the hard work to make it happen. Matthew
Matt

Post by Matt »

Tramp wrote:
ch1.jpg
damn restrictions
ch2.jpg
hey this bike is heavy..
Did you check the lock? Nearly all those gates round here are 'locked' with a twig through where the padlock should be :lol:
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

My first Rally so brief summary below

campsite - OK
beer - luvverly
weather - bloody brilliant
Company - excellent

certainly wont be my last.

PS someones snoring was louder than any traffic or plane so it would not have mattered where we were camped.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
matthewcashmore

Post by matthewcashmore »

dubber68 wrote:
PS someones snoring was louder than any traffic or plane so it would not have mattered where we were camped.
I did feel I was in the world snoring championships at one point....
GOG 007

Post by GOG 007 »

matthewcashmore wrote:
dubber68 wrote:
I did feel I was in the world snoring championships at one point....
That would have been Nev then :laugh: :unsure:

Return to “ABR Chilterns Chill Out Weekend March 22nd to 25th 2012”