ABR Chilterns Rally Feedback

picos mestizo

Re: ABR Chilterns Rally Feedback

Post by picos mestizo »

---------------MAD COWS GREEN LANE POSSE.---------------------
What a fantastic day with a great bunch of riders superbly led by Tony (mad cow).
His knowledge of the non-blacktop roads in the area would be difficult to match.
We covered 126 miles via at least 30 off tarmac sections covering Mud, Rutts, Forrest Nagery, Rubble Strewn Watershed Ascents & Decents, Tree Roots to name but a few.
Considering the range of machines we stayed together all day without a hitch.
CCM 604
BMW 1150GS
KTM ADVENTURE 990
HUSQUVARNA 630
BMW GS800
BMW 650
YAMAHA XT 650 (with HELEN on board)
BEAMISH SUZUKI RL250 (33 years old)
IMG_5770.JPG
IMG_5770.JPG (55.76 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
first relief stop & to let a couple of young ponies pass.
IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5772.JPG (63.71 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
yes nearly relieved
IMG_5773.JPG
IMG_5773.JPG (60.43 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG (83.12 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
IMG_5775.JPG
IMG_5775.JPG (97.81 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
IMG_5777.JPG
IMG_5777.JPG (100.64 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
Michael enviously admires the Beamish wishing he'd looked around before he bought the 990.

Thanks Tony for a great day & all the hard work you put in

Hope to ride with you again,
Brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

PROVIDED FOOD --Chilli & Jacket--Great quality & plenty of it.
Most welcome on a surprisingly cold evening.

ORGANIZATION-- Wasn't perfect but had many pre-rally problems with last minute changes.
Who was actually going to turn up.
What rides are available & who is doing what.

SITE --Grass was GREEN & LUSH !!!!
Facilities poor (It's a venue thats JUST opend & can only get better)
ADVENTURE BIKERS DIG LATRINES !!!!

COMPANY--A most welcoming bunch of riders. No Clickiness here. My first out with them

LUVEDIT.
brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

yoo duds!! B)

cool weekend as usual and nice bunch with a few new faces..soory I split early but my dog was not well ...he`s my life long buddy so sure you understand..

Campsite- why where we next to the noisy road when the back was empty
Toilets to few and to far away and no rubbish points

Meet was well orgainsied apart form the Trails meets which due to the Ride leader pulling out through it into total confusion- cheers Tony [Mad cow] for coming to the rescue with the gpx tracks we had a great day out and plenty of high speed dusty trails..

Next time it needs better planning and updates maybe to be honest the trails are tame for most so would be better suited to novices..

few pics from our group..early exit by Knobbly due to a meeting with a Hedge and the lanes where dry too :P glad it was not major...cheers to the others for a safe enjoyable day out..

ch3.jpg
ch3.jpg (82.52 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
pit stop..

ch1.jpg
ch1.jpg (212.81 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
damn restrictions

ch2.jpg
ch2.jpg (210.88 KiB) Viewed 6440 times

hey this bike is heavy..

till the next one
jed54

Post by jed54 »

Well GOG my first rally and really enjoyed it. The road ride was excellent with a good mix of lanes and faster flowing roads. Camp site is obviously not finished with new showers still under construction. Not bothered by road or plane noise but if you can sort out snoring, great. A big thank to you and your better half for an excellent chilly, roll on the next one. Cheers Jed.
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

It was my first rally so I didn't really know what to expect, but thought it was excellent. I can see why they put fifty-odd bikers in a separate field from the teenage girls, but hopefully if there's a next one we'll have shown we're not that bad after all.
I can't day I noticed any lack of organisation, from the outside it all seemed to go swimmingly, maybe like ducks there was a lot of frantic paddling underneath.
I didn't mind the walk to the showers first thing, and I guess the fact I was up at 5:30 meant I missed any queues, but they were clean and hot, which were the most important things and in the afternoon riding round, no helmet just added to the fun.
I loved the "I've never done this and I've got road tyres" ride, thanks to our left minute leaders for making it relaxed, letting us know what to expect, but not nannying us, I'm now less afraid of fords, mud, ruts and grass. Gravel on the other hand...
To be honest the only disorganised thing I saw was me, I must remember it's cold at night in March, I need a bigger tent biking than cycling because all the gear is bigger, and a chair shouldn't be left in the boot of the car.
And now, out to polish out the scratches, if the video appears on You've Been Framed, the £250 is mine.
Happiness has 125cc ...
GlosterBoy

Post by GlosterBoy »

Okay then it was my first ABR rally and I enjoyed very much.
The facilities were good I thought, at least you could have a dump without taking your shovel for a walk! There were showers and washing up facilities, they were just a short walk around the barns.
It would have been nice to have been up on the flat part of the field but it wasn't too bad.
Can't comment on the road or off-road rides as we decided to go and get a ready cooked chicken, french bread, Strongbow and two packs of ice and have aChill aftenoon in the sunshine, it was the Chilterns Chill after all B)
TRIX

Post by TRIX »

Had a ball and have more video than I know what too do with , all will be edited and posted on here including any unscheduled dismounts and stalls ( you know who you are lol) will take a while there is so much.

Thought the weekend was superb the ride out was fantastic , not sure how the groups were put together i just said ill come with you lot then, glad I did as I love riding through water .

Campsite was fine and will be even better when his new loo's are built .

Lastly big thank you to all who made it happen you all did a great job....
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Another successful ABR Rally.

Thanks to Mark and Nev and all the crew who staged this event.

Fanbloodytastic weather, so much so that we did the 'Chill' thing and enjoyed it while everyone was out riding. Its ok, we looked after all your belongings for nothing. :whistle:

Nice site, good exercise from the walk to the facilities. Trust me guys all those hormonal teenage girls on their DoE would have been hanging around the toilet block all evening, so we were in the better area away from that.

Good to meet friends old and new, see you all on the next one.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Ello

First ABR rally and really enjoyed it....apart from nearly freezing to death at night and getting a face full of petrol on the Saturday. :blush:

Campsite was o.k but would of rather been in the back fields (not because of the teenage girls ;) ) but those fields weren’t on a hill and next to a (surprisingly) busy road. oh...could someone move the flight path too? :P

Thought it was well organized so thanks to the people behind all that and the chilli/bread/tater/crisp meal was great.

Cheers fellas, had a great time.
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Thanks to the organizers of this event. :)

I just turned up for the day...and what a cracking day it was too.

Great rideout with some old mates and some new one's.

Return to “ABR Chilterns Chill Out Weekend March 22nd to 25th 2012”