Re: Chilterns Muddy Ride Out

Post by train driver »

I'm sorry i cant make it now (sunday) :( :(
so room for someone else
enjoy it ;) ;)
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

This event clashes with another for me, so i never intended to attend. However i might pop over with a mate who is driving back from 'the north' with a tenere in the back of a van at this very moment! anyway whether i make it or not i thought i'd point out a few things that cropped up in my mind when reading these threads....

Seeing as the majority of the people would like to take part in a 'muddy' ride out - would it not have made more sense to locate the venue on the western edge of the chilterns ie near Moulsford, which is right next to a hose of open green lanes that extends all the way to Salibury plain and beyond? not intended as a slight to any of the organisers but the area selected is quite short on green lanes.

the camp spot is very near one of the enduroland venues. if you hold a meeting there again i might be able to get you entry on the saturday (kids day) at a knockdown price.
XT660Z

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Hello Redbikejohn,
How about organizing a weekend ride Moulsford to Salisbury plain & back. Or failing that perhaps you could advise on the route & somebody else could pick it up & run with it.

We could make it a regular run during the winter months & get serious about green laneing, when they're a lot more interesting to ride.

The problem with green laneing is putting all the local knowledge together & minimising the road work.

I think this weekend might wet a lot of peoples appetites for this off blacktop riding.
best regards
Brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

can you pencil me in pending on your ya or na when you see my bike and tyres, if its no good i will do the road trip

Vstrom1000 & Bandit600
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

picos mestizo wrote:Hello Redbikejohn,
How about organizing a weekend ride Moulsford to Salisbury plain & back. Or failing that perhaps you could advise on the route & somebody else could pick it up & run with it.

We could make it a regular run during the winter months & get serious about green laneing, when they're a lot more interesting to ride.

The problem with green laneing is putting all the local knowledge together & minimising the road work.

I think this weekend might wet a lot of peoples appetites for this off blacktop riding.
best regards
Brian.
already got one planned for when the lower sections of the ridgeway is open after the 1st of May ;) - going to be called the "Standing Stone Tour". planning to set up a tour of local geo sites and standing stones. a ride and learning something at the same time :cheer:
XT660Z

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Sounds brilliant, put me on the list.Thanks Brian.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Itchy-
your on the standby list..thats for big bikes on road tyres..
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

After a trip to Birmingham for work yesterday (in the Defender) I had to drop of a colleague in the village of Ashwell which is on my route.

So naturally I thought I'd check out the bit that is on the route back to my place. I was thinking as I drove along "shame I haven't got my video camera with me" when it suddenly struck me!

Sitting in it's holder on the dashboard was my iPhone.... doh!

Switch on to video mode and here's a little taster of some of the route:

It's amazing how fast it looks but I was driving at only 12-15mph the whole way!
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ow yep !! more lovely ruts :cheer: better dry than boggy wet..

Are they on your " trail ride you sent me"? Ashwell to Bassingbourne? long straight line..

see you all about 3pm..a nice spot in the field with no wind and morning sun eh!!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

They are just off the "long straight one" AKA the Icknield Way

The video is this bit HERE driven North to South, If you look on the route I added in a loop back on yourself to include this bit. The Icknield Way East of the cross roads i.e. In Cambridgeshire is TRO'ed for four wheel vehicles so is a lot smoother than this bit but I felt the Extreme Team route deserved a few ruts ;)
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG

Return to “ABR Chilterns Chill Out Weekend March 22nd to 25th 2012”