Many thanks :)

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
James691

Many thanks :)

Post by James691 »

Hello Folks!

What a fantastic weekend of riding and fun. There are many people to thank and many people – old and new that I had the pleasure of meeting.

Thank you:

LWR – Craig – for all the hard work he has put into this ABR Rally event. Meeting people as they come in and sorting out the payment collection that meant we got a discount! Good on you – You da man!

Steve T – Sorry I did not get to meet you but excellent that it was you that put up the suggestion for an ABR Rally in Scotland and sorting out the Ullapool site. I think all will agree it was a plan well made.

Austin W – For taking the time and the action on a rather misty morning to go around and sort the talks out for the ride outs. It always takes a voice to get that started and explain what is on offer for people.

Africa Jim – I had the pleasure of being on Jim’s ride up to Durness and some of the most stunning views I have seen in a long time. Deserted white sand beaches, mountain passes, leaping salmon and single track playground to name but a few things that went on with this ride. Well done my friend and thank you very much for the route.

JK Clive – For the entertainment as always. Your place on the Scottish Ladies Rugby team is assured for all time.

Paul PJ – For taking the lead over Applecross pass and leading us through a cloud with very low visibility. A most enjoyable road that I think all UK riders must do at least once in their life.

Alun – For taking Tail End Charlie on the ride out – 2nd man drop off was used twice I think during 200 miles, what a road!!

Moto Al – For providing everyone with a tube of Scotoiler protector stick thingy.

Everyone – For doing the Sunday morning donation to Paul (Takoda) having done a 24 hour ride from Land”s End to John O’Groats the day before the rally. Due to your generosity Paul and Maria’s charity that takes care of Orphans in India raised a fantastic 130ish pound. Apologies for the loud mouth Scouser shouting at 7am to get your money out but it was for a worthy cause I’m sure you will agree.

The Guy that turned up and then went home – I’ve not laughed so hard in a long time, thank you.

I’m already looking forward to the next one.

James691
Dancing in the moonlight
Barnman

Re: Many thanks :)

Post by Barnman »

I would also like to add my thanks to all that contributed in many ways to a great weekend.

Cheers
Mike
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

Arrived back in one piece after a memorable long weekend. I knew Scotland was going to be good but overall I was blown way (and not only by the wind on Sunday)

It is defiantly the jewel in the crown. An amazing place with amazing people. Most amazing of all are our hosts.

You picked a fantastic venue with all you could need in a small area. So a big, big thank you, to all those who played their part in organising the event.

Craig (LWR) thank you for the day out on Saturday. It was a fantastic route and the pace was nice and easy. Just how I like it.

Rumour has it, James wasn't collecting for charity, It was his fuel money to get home :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
Paul

Post by Paul »

James691 wrote:Hello Folks!

What a fantastic weekend of riding and fun. There are many people to thank and many people – old and new that I had the pleasure of meeting.

Thank you:

LWR – Craig – for all the hard work he has put into this ABR Rally event. Meeting people as they come in and sorting out the payment collection that meant we got a discount! Good on you – You da man!

Steve T – Sorry I did not get to meet you but excellent that it was you that put up the suggestion for an ABR Rally in Scotland and sorting out the Ullapool site. I think all will agree it was a plan well made.

Austin W – For taking the time and the action on a rather misty morning to go around and sort the talks out for the ride outs. It always takes a voice to get that started and explain what is on offer for people.

Africa Jim – I had the pleasure of being on Jim’s ride up to Durness and some of the most stunning views I have seen in a long time. Deserted white sand beaches, mountain passes, leaping salmon and single track playground to name but a few things that went on with this ride. Well done my friend and thank you very much for the route.

JK Clive – For the entertainment as always. Your place on the Scottish Ladies Rugby team is assured for all time.

Paul PJ – For taking the lead over Applecross pass and leading us through a cloud with very low visibility. A most enjoyable road that I think all UK riders must do at least once in their life.

Alun – For taking Tail End Charlie on the ride out – 2nd man drop off was used twice I think during 200 miles, what a road!!

Moto Al – For providing everyone with a tube of Scotoiler protector stick thingy.

Everyone – For doing the Sunday morning donation to Paul (Takoda) having done a 24 hour ride from Land”s End to John O’Groats the day before the rally. Due to your generosity Paul and Maria’s charity that takes care of Orphans in India raised a fantastic 130ish pound. Apologies for the loud mouth Scouser shouting at 7am to get your money out but it was for a worthy cause I’m sure you will agree.

The Guy that turned up and then went home – I’ve not laughed so hard in a long time, thank you.

I’m already looking forward to the next one.

James691
My heartfelt thanks on behalf of the kids for you generousity, many thanks James for being so confident (and Loud)
Paul.
moto al

Post by moto al »

cheers bud great w/end thank to all good chat,great pubs .and great chaps.ps i did not camp i went to the hostel.what a wimp he he moto al
moto al

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”