WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
mawse

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by mawse »

KTMBLAG wrote:
mawse wrote:Well after that impressive post title the rest of the post is a bit dull - Sorry!

Hitting the road from Sheffield in the morning and just going until it gets dark!

I know I can do sheffield to pitlochry in about 6 hours (about 340 miles), so not sure whether to split the journey up into two or just go for a long long day and do a oner!

So probably just gonna make it all up as I go along!

Ill keep an eye out for any ABR stickers as I head north, but not heard any rumblings of any other yorkshire based folk setting off tomorrow.
I'm setting off in morning from about 15 miles south of sheffield doing it in one hit, can't be bothered with putting the tent away friday especially if it's piss wet. Leaving about 7am no motorways hopefully be there for 5ish

KTMBLAG - I was hoping to do a oner, but had some issues to sort today, so look like Im gonna be lagging behind in the setting off time :( So depending on time I might have to make it a two'er (but like you didnt wanna down the tent friday morning)

Ill keep mi eyes open for any ABR stickers and give you a shout if I manage to catch up cos looking like an 8 or 9 start :(
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

All loaded and ready for the off. Leaving Bristol around 7am via Stratford @9. Then onwards and upwards.

See you at Ullapool Friday.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi chaps just back from chester,today . im not trying stop the police doing there duty? watch out chaps on the m/74 2 gray unmarked cars say no more ?he he ,safe trip all .al
moto al
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Just done France Andorra and Spain camping all the way with wifey on the back and this is taking more planning mmmmmm aarree ???????

Cant wait setting of Friday morning 6am will be on the stella for 3pm lol
moto al

Post by moto al »

is stella a nice girl??
moto al
africajim

Post by africajim »

I'm off work tomorrow to clean, polish then load up my bike, Fiona's will be done tomorrow night and Friday morning we'll be heading over along with Dave Copeland.
The Tiger came home today so will be loading it up and using it. The Mighty Varadero was up there last week so Tiger's turn!
See you there folks, geting excited!
Honda, the power of dreams.
gazxt1200z

Post by gazxt1200z »

wanted to go up M6 to carlisle but got to have bike serviced on the way over in Northumberland tomorrow afternoon as it's £100 cheaper than carlisle,then over to carlisle after and staying there,then up friday,can't wait to wake up and get going see you all there friday teatime.
f2uk

Post by f2uk »

All packed up and ready to roll.
Early start from the North West, see where we get to. If the weather is a bit dodgy might go fr the single hit.

See you all in Ullapool.
moto al

Post by moto al »

f2uk wrote:All packed up and ready to roll.
Early start from the North West, see where we get to. If the weather is a bit dodgy might go fr the single hit.

See you all in Ullapool.
weather check out ,highlands and eilean siar weather forcast.not looking bad for w/end .al
moto al
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Boxes packed - tick
Bike checked over - tick
Bike fueled - tick

Bike cleaned? - why, it's only going to get dirty again.
The rain is hammering against the windows just now, so I suppose I could park the bike outside and let the rain do it's bit :whistle:

Not planned a departure time for tomorrow yet . . . looking for a longish gap in the downpours to allow me to get to Ullapool and have half a chance of getting the tent out of it's bag and erected without getting it blown away :S

Safe riding everyone

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”