WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
bunker

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by bunker »

david wrote:Leaving Loughton Essex about 9am Friday, hope to be there about 8pm. Is the campsite easy to find.
It looks pretty simple - there is a map on the first post here:

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -2011.html

I'm cheating and using the sat-nav.....alternatively take your lid off and listen out for the racket :whistle:

;)
Triumph Tiger 885
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

david wrote:Leaving Loughton Essex about 9am Friday, hope to be there about 8pm. Is the campsite easy to find.
Have a safe ride up.
I take it that the timings your using are based on Google Maps? 600+ miles in 11 hrs! Me thinks you will take a little longer, but I'm regularly wrong about a lot of things ;)

Stay safe and see you there

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Boris

Post by Boris »

Yup Keep the sea loch on your left and pass the ferry terminal then first right followed first left at the Indian restaurant.

Ullapool aint that big :)
sparks

Post by sparks »

well gear all packed just got to put it on the bike in the morning i should be leaving j39 m6 at about 08:00-08:30
what ever the weather :evil:

adam
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

Woohoo that's the bike all packed and filled with petrol, took it a wee run this afternoon to check the weight and it was ok, I think I seen a few of the lads at the little chef on the A82 being led my a GS,
So sometime tomorrow I will be in ullapool, leaving here between 8-9am.

I was given a wee gift from an uncle who wanted me to be seen... A Hi Viz with glasgow to ullapool 2011 embroidered on the back, so if you see me on the A82 with a wee vara and an orange hi viz give me a wave,

See you's all tomorrow

Cheers Paul
moto al

Post by moto al »

BABY V wrote:Woohoo that's the bike all packed and filled with petrol, took it a wee run this afternoon to check the weight and it was ok, I think I seen a few of the lads at the little chef on the A82 being led my a GS,
So sometime tomorrow I will be in ullapool, leaving here between 8-9am.

I was given a wee gift from an uncle who wanted me to be seen... A Hi Viz with glasgow to ullapool 2011 embroidered on the back, so if you see me on the A82 with a wee vara and an orange hi viz give me a wave,

See you's all tomorrow

Cheers Paul
hi bud a safe sholp. if your are passing the drover,s inn a82. about 11.30/ 12 ,please stop for a cupa on me .al sit safe
moto al
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Well.. after a busy day

I finally managed to nearly finish packing , check over bike .

Working friday morning then heading off noon. Taking the scenic route over the hills.

Bring it on !
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

Cheers AL I will be well on my way for then, But you may well see me on the road, Leaving from just along the road from you in knightswood,

Cheers Paul
bunker

Post by bunker »

All my kit is packed, but my bike lives up the street so it won't be loaded till the morning. Managed to get my new twat nav holder fitted this afternoon, but not had time to get petrol, or check the oil, or the scottoiler or the chain :blink: so i'll still have a bit to do tomorrow.

@BABY V, @Moto Al - i'll probably be away after you so i'll drop you a text when i get to Broomfield and us weegies can compare notes on the run up ;)

I see that @Matt W and @Gundog are enjoying Moffat's finest hospitality in the Buccleuch Hotel - lucky buggers :lol:
Triumph Tiger 885
africajim

Post by africajim »

Bike's are both loaded now, sitting ready to rock! Both also fueled up so out of here in the morning. If a dry start we'll head south to Spean bridge and see some of you on the road maybe.
Wet, we'll head west, 2hrs ETA, dry, long way round, see you at suppertime!
Bring it on folks!
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”