WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
mawse
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by mawse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:27 am

Well after that impressive post title the rest of the post is a bit dull - Sorry!

Hitting the road from Sheffield in the morning and just going until it gets dark!

I know I can do sheffield to pitlochry in about 6 hours (about 340 miles), so not sure whether to split the journey up into two or just go for a long long day and do a oner!

So probably just gonna make it all up as I go along!

Ill keep an eye out for any ABR stickers as I head north, but not heard any rumblings of any other yorkshire based folk setting off tomorrow.

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
desertraider
Posts: 1076
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by desertraider » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:23 am

hi iam also setting off tomorrow from newcastle but iam hope to do it in the one jump , ive worked itb out its going to take around 7 hours for me

Bluepaul
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:21 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by Bluepaul » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:40 am

Just packed everything as well.
Strap it all on in the morning. Then off I go.

Surely I'm not the only one who feels like a little kid at Xmas :-)))


Bring it on !!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BABY V
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by BABY V » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:20 am

All the best with the journey guys, The weather in the west is a bit $hit just now but hoping that it passes, :laugh:
Safe riding and will see you's in ullapool on Friday :)

Cheers Paul

LargeWayRound
Posts: 4048
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by LargeWayRound » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:26 am

Watch out for the gusty wind, seems like its going to be, errr, a slight breeze.

See you up there.


LWR

Browndog
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by Browndog » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am

All packed ready to load the bike in the morning :)
Very excited :cheer:

Leaving Gloucester around 6 am and heading for a campsite in
Invergarry.
Then the will be plenty of time to do Applecross Friday morning.

See you all soon. :)

I'll keep a keen eye out on the way up too.

Safe riding everyone.

lmg
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by lmg » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:39 pm

mawse wrote:Hitting the road from Sheffield in the morning and just going until it gets dark!
Its a shame I cant leave on Friday - im only along the road from you in Mexborough.
Cheers,



Leigh (LMG)




scouse
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:55 am
Location: Draycott
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by scouse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Enjoy folks... we will be starting our unfortunately bike free journey to Mallorca early on Saturday in the big silver bird after a short taxi ride to East Mids ... weather will be terrible apparently, only six days of the eight will be in full sunshine :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!



"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

KTMBLAG
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:18 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by KTMBLAG » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

mawse wrote:Well after that impressive post title the rest of the post is a bit dull - Sorry!

Hitting the road from Sheffield in the morning and just going until it gets dark!

I know I can do sheffield to pitlochry in about 6 hours (about 340 miles), so not sure whether to split the journey up into two or just go for a long long day and do a oner!

So probably just gonna make it all up as I go along!

Ill keep an eye out for any ABR stickers as I head north, but not heard any rumblings of any other yorkshire based folk setting off tomorrow.
I'm setting off in morning from about 15 miles south of sheffield doing it in one hit, can't be bothered with putting the tent away friday especially if it's piss wet. Leaving about 7am no motorways hopefully be there for 5ish

mawse
Posts: 509
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:22 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WoooWhooo Ullapool here I come!

Post by mawse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:17 pm

lmg wrote:
mawse wrote:Hitting the road from Sheffield in the morning and just going until it gets dark!
Its a shame I cant leave on Friday - im only along the road from you in Mexborough.
LMG - Bugger! Would have been good to trundle up with yah

Post Reply

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests