Ullapool

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
BABY V

Ullapool

Post by BABY V »

Is there any confirmation for ride outs at the Highland Rally in Ullapool, Being on a wee vara I will have to be picky :) Really looking forward to this and to meeting all that are going

Cheers Paul

Oops I have just realised this in the Newbie section.....SORRY

P
LargeWayRound

Re: Ullapool

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Ya

If you check this thread there are some routes http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... end--.html

You are welcome to tag along with me , I am slowish .

Cheers LWR
africajim

Post by africajim »

Craig's run would be best for you mate, my Fiona's on a BMW G650GS, she can hang with the best of them, ask Udders! But she wants an easy run up at Ullapool, not a full scale pissing contest with 1200's!
In all honesty, Largewayround's a sensible guy, runs around the limit but his route is small roads that will be below 60 for sure, he's a canny rider so I'd bet the best, easy going ride of the weekend.
I'm leading a rideout, on the Tiger 800XC, a GS eater! I won't be hanging around! ;)

I'm joking!

I'm leading a rideout, north, 50% wide, open road, 50% single track. Sitting around the speed limit in parts so probably mangable by the baby Vara but apreciate you might prefer an easier run, I know you have to get back home after the run!

You're welcome with me mate but your choice.
Honda, the power of dreams.
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

Ye I think Craig's run will suit me, Never been up that part of the world, so wanting to see it lol, Thanks for the offer though, See you's in Ullapool

Cheers Paul
africajim

Post by africajim »

I was going to open a new post but this one'll do!

Sorry for the highjack! ;)

Took a ride up to Durness today, scoped out the north run, Ullapool, via Durness, Tongue then Lairg, returning to Ullapool. Found a nice single track with grass in the middle, (squint and you'll swear you're on a green lane!) and did a quick forest run, illegal in Scotland, will discuss during run.
Breaks and photo shoots were my main concern for today, saw a few and again, will discuss before leaving.
So, find the white Tiger at the campsite, speak to the drunk next to it, (me!) Arrange to meet Saturday morning around 10.00 for a run north of Ullapool, mixed bag of wide sweeping two lane roads and single tracks. Many photo stops and a couple of breaks for refreshments. My run will be very flexible,but no mental cases, three figure speeds are unacceptible (although wheelies will be judged on merit!)
See you all there folks!
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Done a lot of the roads that have been posted as runs, some great runs and roads there. Lots of photo opportunities. It rained for 10 days last time I was up there so I'm hoping the weather becomes fair

scotland 072.JPG
scotland 072.JPG (54.43 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
scotland 052.JPG
scotland 052.JPG (34.07 KiB) Viewed 2959 times

http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz13 ... /scotland/

Cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Cheers Jim for the vote of confidence .

BabyV you are welcome to join me , I will be the guy standing next to the guy thats drunk next to the white tiger . LOL

You will spot my TA , its got all the frarkles stuck on it .. LOL

Not sure what my other rideout (sunday) is going to be yet , but where ever it goes it will be gentle place, also I know the area fairly well .

Hope for sun sun sun ..

LWR
africajim

Post by africajim »

Ha ha! Been amongst the Singleton, Glenmorangie and now having a civilised Gentleman Jack with Fiona!
We're both on holiday and celebrating her Beemers return!
I'll have a bottle of my local Glen Moray up to Ullapool with me for anyone who fancies trying a single malt from Speyside? LOL!

Sorry, drunken thought, just to reiterate, Tiger 800 is an eater of GS's! Check out top speeds! LOL!
(And they do better wheelies!)

No need for vote of confidence Craig mate, you're a seasoned adventure bike rider!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Haha Cheers Jim

I would have never guessed you were into the drams. ... Haha

Here are a couple of pictures from my trip in July .

Onwards and Upwards ..

p.s. Sorry about the thread Hijack BabyV LOL :blush: :woohoo:
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

Hijack away lol, Thats good I will find you's in the campsite, I will be the baldy 1 looking in awe at all the lovely bikes

only 13 sleeps to go ;)

Cheers

Paul

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”