When's everyone going to Ullapool?

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
Paul

Re: When's everyone going to Ullapool?

Post by Paul »

Wednesday morning bright and early I will pootle down to Lands End. Hoping to get there mid afternoon, quick photo, bite to eat and bed.
Thursday morning (very early) starting my LEJOG charity run, thinking I will be at M6, Jct38 for dinner with Maria, then ever North to John "O" Groats. Booked at the John "O" Groats campsite thursday night.
Friday morning, maybe not so early, heading West along the top of Scotland and dropping down to Ullapool sometime around dinner.
Heading back to Cumbria on Sunday for work on Monday......
bunker

Post by bunker »

Heading up Friday, would like to get away first thing but it depends if the wife is working or not. If she's not i'll be away first thing if she is i won't be away till lunchtime and i'll probably have to forget about ticking off Cairngorm for the nature rally and just batter straight up the A82 to be up in the early evening. Either way i'm looking forward to it and putting some faces to names :blink:

@Africajim - i'll be bringing the last of the monkey shoulder with me, you're welcome to a dram :)
Triumph Tiger 885
James691

Post by James691 »

Paul wrote:Wednesday morning bright and early I will pootle down to Lands End. Hoping to get there mid afternoon, quick photo, bite to eat and bed.
Thursday morning (very early) starting my LEJOG charity run, thinking I will be at M6, Jct38 for dinner with Maria, then ever North to John "O" Groats. Booked at the John "O" Groats campsite thursday night.
Friday morning, maybe not so early, heading West along the top of Scotland and dropping down to Ullapool sometime around dinner.
Best of luck Paul!! You have my mobile number if you run into issues mate.
Dancing in the moonlight
Paul

Post by Paul »

Cheers James, does that mean that if my bike blows up I can take yours? :) Looking forward to seeing you again.
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Heading across Friday morning and in no great hurry B)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Paul wrote:Wednesday morning bright and early I will pootle down to Lands End. Hoping to get there mid afternoon, quick photo, bite to eat and bed.
Paul do you want some one to do the last part of the run with you from M6/borders. More than happy to go to JOG and then across top on Friday cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
africajim

Post by africajim »

@ Bunker,
Monkey's shoulder, an affliction suffered by still workers turning barley to malt it! Also the name given to a blend of whiskies from William Grants from Dufftown (was there today with SteveT!) A very nice dram sir, and my Fiona's favourite! I'm taking up a Glen Moray, single malt from the other side of my town, nice dram, one of Austins favourites too!

@ Dave Copeland,
We're also going up on the Friday morning, if you want to meet up mate you're welcome? My plan was weather dependant, dry, take a long way round, wet, head straight up. Your choice though mate.
Honda, the power of dreams.
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Sounds good Jim , What time are you & Fiona thinking of setting off ?
africajim

Post by africajim »

Hi Dave,
Well, I'm off on Thursday so wash and polish the bike, we're both off Friday so a couple of drams at night, not too early a start, probably up at 08.00, coffee and get the bikes out ready to go, possibly between 09.00 and 10.00?
A96 into Elgin, left at 1st roundabout, (before McDonalds), 100yrds, left at mini roundabout, 1st left and 1st house on the left, Gleaner oils yellow van in drive! Can't miss it mate. The bikes will probably be out front as well so easy found. (our garden looks on to the A96).
Honda, the power of dreams.
jkclive1971

Post by jkclive1971 »

Friday morning me and diddy D from north west area poss 6am start if anyone would like to join us B) B)

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”