When's everyone going to Ullapool?

The 'up north' ABR Rally in Ullapool, Scotland
africajim

Re: When's everyone going to Ullapool?

Post by africajim »

@ Baby V,
We're heading off between 09.00 and 10.00 from Elgin, Morayshire, wet, we'll head up the A96 to meet the A9 at Inverness then straight to Ullapool but weather good, I'm thinking down the Newtonmore to Spean bridge road, meet the A82 at Spean bridge then up the A82 so may meet in with you mate? You want my mobile in case? (I use bluetooth, get calls and txt notifications).
Bring it on!
Honda, the power of dreams.
James691

Post by James691 »

Paul wrote:Cheers James, does that mean that if my bike blows up I can take yours? :) Looking forward to seeing you again.
Sorry - last message broken - say again - over. B)
Dancing in the moonlight
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I'm currently planning the exhausting 2hr trek :whistle: to Ullapool on Thursday afternoon, so I'll see the other early birds then :blink:

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
AustinW

When's everyone going to Ullapool?

Post by AustinW »

I am packed and off early tomorrow (Sunday) to Oban and a Ferry to the Isle of Barra. Then it's the Isles of South Uist, North Uist, Harris, and Lewis, and cross back to the mainland at Ullapool on either Thursday or Friday. It's been a long time coming this trip.

Jim, I have a bottle of 10yo Aberlour with me but I doubt it will make it to Ullapool ;)

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
moto al

Post by moto al »

we are meeting 9am little chef a82, then coffe stop at the inveranan hotel a82 well worth a look go back 250 years ,sorry not the prices. far better than the souleouse green whelly ,safe trip and good wether next w/end cheers al
moto al
africajim

Post by africajim »

Aye Al, hopin the weathers good mate!

By-passed Aberlour today in favour of the Dufftown road! To explain, SteveT and myself went up the west side of the spey past Cardhu and Knockando distilleries to Gantown on Spey, over by Tomintoul, then down past Tamnavulin and Glenlivet to Dufftown, home of the Glenlivet , Glenfiddich and Balvenie, past the Craigellachie and on to Rothes, home of Glen Grant, then home past the gates of the Linkwood distillery in Elgin!
That and we stopped on the Spey bank for a photo shoot to a huge salmon jumping out of the water in front of us! (Just south of Cardhu Distillery). Damn, I love living up here on Speyside!
The road from Tomintoul to Dufftown is heading toward the top of my best roads in the world list!

Never mind Austin, remember to ride across Benbecula or you'll have missed a bit! (Sand bar in the Atlantic, I'll discuss next week!) I'll have a Glen Moray with your name on it waiting in Ullapool my friend!
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

africajim wrote:Hi Dave,
Well, I'm off on Thursday so wash and polish the bike, we're both off Friday so a couple of drams at night, not too early a start, probably up at 08.00, coffee and get the bikes out ready to go, possibly between 09.00 and 10.00?
A96 into Elgin, left at 1st roundabout, (before McDonalds), 100yrds, left at mini roundabout, 1st left and 1st house on the left, Gleaner oils yellow van in drive! Can't miss it mate. The bikes will probably be out front as well so easy found. (our garden looks on to the A96).
Sorry it took a wee while to get back , I will try to set off before 08.0so hopefully up to you at 09.30 ish
Cheers
Dave
moto al

Post by moto al »

africajim wrote:Aye Al, hopin the weathers good mate!

By-passed Aberlour today in favour of the Dufftown road! To explain, SteveT and myself went up the west side of the spey past Cardhu and Knockando distilleries to Gantown on Spey, over by Tomintoul, then down past Tamnavulin and Glenlivet to Dufftown, home of the Glenlivet , Glenfiddich and Balvenie, past the Craigellachie and on to Rothes, home of Glen Grant, then home past the gates of the Linkwood distillery in Elgin!
That and we stopped on the Spey bank for a photo shoot to a huge salmon jumping out of the water in front of us! (Just south of Cardhu Distillery). Damn, I love living up here on Speyside!
The road from Tomintoul to Dufftown is heading toward the top of my best roads in the world list!

Never mind Austin, remember to ride across Benbecula or you'll have missed a bit! (Sand bar in the Atlantic, I'll discuss next week!) I'll have a Glen Moray with your name on it waiting in Ullapool my friend!
cheers bud il bring the soda+ some asprins ,see you fritag al
moto al
africajim

Post by africajim »

Ha ha! A good weekend's coming for sure!

I'll start packing soon so I don't go off without anything. Tarp is a definite!

@Davecopeland,
Aye Dave, around an hour and a half to here, we'll be here waiting for you mate....!
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Hope you all have a great time! Wish I could be there! ;)
Real men ride twins ;-)

Return to “ABR HIGHLAND SIMMER RALLY - 23/25th SEPT 2011”