ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Arrive Fri, Road and Trail ride outs Sat, guided or ride as you please.
koala

Re: ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Post by koala »

sadly will not be able to make it. Very late back last night after someone decided to play chicken with a train and lost:pinch: :pinch: Hope you all have a great weekend, sad to miss this one!
susurro

Post by susurro »

Empathy, Koala:dry: Sorry for chicken & driver. Also back at the ranch, boats off IOM :( being my excuse.
Now looking forward to a few reports of what we missed.
Last time I WAS on the boat was chatting to Kieran? who hires Bonnevilles out of Carlisle who's opening a biker theme cafe in KESWICK in next few weeks. Need to find out more about that as possible future venue for a NW meetB) ABR fixture list empty now :S
gsdman

Post by gsdman »

F***ing work! I was all ready to go when I get a call in from work, it really pisses me off!! I hope you lot all have had a great weekend and I WILL catch up. VERY FRUSTRATED.
Tez
I feel lost, So I have Bought a KTM 990 ADV to go look for myself.
Harty

Post by Harty »

Twas a great weekend at the 'Touratech Rally'......... Ahem sorry I meant Wales ABR Rally, nice to put names to avatars! Made some new friends and drank plenty of beer. I opted for the road run which Alun led, as opposed to the small and big bike off road rides, even though I had knobblies on, I'm flogging the bike so didn't fancy drowning it in the river at Sarn Helen.
.....eat my dirt!
SteveB

Post by SteveB »

Bloody good weekend.

Totally enjoyed the Off Road bimble - BIG thank you for that.

Found the lesson on how to deal with a tyre coming off the rim very usefull - even the quiz at the end where the winner worked out which way to put the wheel back on.

Top do.
BMW R1200GS - BMW 650GS
griffo

Post by griffo »

really enjoyable weekend, met some great lads, had a brill road ride and drank lots of beer looking forward to the next rally:)
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Fantastic weekend! Thanks soo much to the organisers and lead riders (Alun, Scrambled eggs, Craig and Nick Plumb ect.) Lost count of the Ford crossings and boulder decents and really struggled on the GSA with road tyres on the grass/muddy sections. I can honetsly say that Saturdays trail ride is the hardest thing I have ever attempted but wow! What a buzz and sense of achievment once completed. I'm really paying the price now - aching all over as I'm sure the Burger van ladies are, ay Dai?

Craking talk by the well respected Ted Simon who I'm sure gives inspiration to all. Nice to see the Dakar boys also, Simon Pavey and Nick Plumb. Really hope this is repeated next year (that's if I recover in time).

Met the usual lads and some new. Hope to see you all again soon.

Respect and Thanks to all! P. S. Scramble, please don't forget that Karma thing you was on about.
Billybusa

Post by Billybusa »

Great weekend . good road ride lead by alun. Good variety of roads and conditions . good ol` chinwag with new friends and ill be looking forward to the next ABR rally . Cheers everyone
scrambled eggs

Post by scrambled eggs »

Have one on me tommy ! Big well done mate
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

Huge thanks to all that braved the Welsh "Indian Summer", When the trail riders arrived back I've never seen so many exhausted smiling faces! Maybe next year we;ll have it a bit earlier? the toilets and showers at eh ancient will be open too and Steve and Jenny will open the bunk-barn for those non-canvas types...

Keep an eye out, If Alun's up for it - we'll do it all over again..
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"

Return to “ABR WALES SIMMER RALLY 8th - 9th Oct 2011”