ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Arrive Fri, Road and Trail ride outs Sat, guided or ride as you please.
Harty

Re: ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Post by Harty »

Just got in from work, not even started packing yet, it's like gale force 10 outside and chucking it down, got a full days work tomorrow as well!! Bugger!

Early start to pack then :pinch:
.....eat my dirt!
scrambled eggs

Re: ABR Wales Rally - Trail rides

Post by scrambled eggs »

dragonwheels wrote:Oh Lordy...look..there's no real legal access to fire roads type stuff for big bikes, so the going can be snotty, rocky, wet, and steep. Hence my advice regarding not trying it on a 1200 gs on Road tyres....All I'm saying is...don't say you haven't been warned.

At the end of the day - take the advice of the ride leaders, and if you're not sure, I hope you're good at picking bikes up and pushing!

Glad to See Scrambled Eggs is back in the fold for ride leader, well done that man.

Remember this is supposed to be a laid back kind of affair, hence we're trying to minimise officialdom, your ride leaders are giving up their time for free, so chillax, go with the flow people...and check out the sign-up page if you want to be sure of a place on a mountain assualt - sorry... gentle green lane ride....

cheers craig , now you should ask your boss if eggs can borrow his super ten and give it a thrashing:woohoo:
sconav

ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Post by sconav »

Hello all,

Well thats me officially knackered. Left Aberdeenshire at 08.30 this morning. Over 500 miles later and I've thrown in the towel. Only about 80 miles from the campsite pulled in to the nearest town and booked into a hotel. I can honestly say that is the worst weather i have been riding in ever. Three things stopped me going any further.
1. Wet through and starting to shiver now.
2. No idea where I am ( the route I planned was to take me through the breacons. Probably not a good idea to do these roads in the dark and tired.
3. Pinlock visor has now got water in it so there is no way to stop it misting up. Its like looking through a gold fish bowl. Now I know what it's like to drive with your eyes shut.
Oh did I say I was soaked through and freezing.
Oh well they don't call it adventure motorcycling for nothing.

Off to dry out now. Will finish my journey in the morning. See you all tomorrow.

Safe journey Scott
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Right, with much frustration and sadness I'm not going to be able to attend.
Last weeks camp and shortish ride, didn't go too well on the riding or sleeping front, so I've been to the doc's today; 200 more happy pills (painkillers to try and numb the pain) in lieu of a hospital appointment, to see what's going on.

To be fair I can't last more than a few minuets before it starts playing up, so I'd be miserable and wouldn't enjoy it.

Take care and enjoy yourselves boys and girls.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

cheers craig , now you should ask your boss if eggs can borrow his super ten and give it a thrashing:woohoo:[/quote]

Well I'll ASK.....but Alfie just made it all nice and clean....see you Sat.
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
dragonwheels

Post by dragonwheels »

sconav wrote:Hello all,

Well thats me officially knackered. Left Aberdeenshire at 08.30 this morning. Over 500 miles later and I've thrown in the towel. Only about 80 miles from the campsite pulled in to the nearest town and booked into a hotel. I can honestly say that is the worst weather i have been riding in ever. Three things stopped me going any further.
1. Wet through and starting to shiver now.
2. No idea where I am ( the route I planned was to take me through the breacons. Probably not a good idea to do these roads in the dark and tired.
3. Pinlock visor has now got water in it so there is no way to stop it misting up. Its like looking through a gold fish bowl. Now I know what it's like to drive with your eyes shut.
Oh did I say I was soaked through and freezing.
Oh well they don't call it adventure motorcycling for nothing.

Off to dry out now. Will finish my journey in the morning. See you all tomorrow.

Safe journey Scott
Fair play to you...that deserves a pint. See you later for one!
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
susurro

Post by susurro »

Yep, I'll avail meself of this, thanks for tip, Jenny and Steve. su
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

Sadly Lizzie and I cannot make this weekend, but have a good one from us. :)
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
sleeping giant

Post by sleeping giant »

Still room at our accommodation if needed with showers! [none at campsite]
call steve or jenny 01639 730518
jasext

Post by jasext »

Light rain and drizzle forcast for the weekend ,keeps the dust down

Return to “ABR WALES SIMMER RALLY 8th - 9th Oct 2011”