ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Arrive Fri, Road and Trail ride outs Sat, guided or ride as you please.
minkyhead

Re: ABR Wales Rally - Register here!

Post by minkyhead »

you dont need a winch mart

remember this phrase ......

f uck off you must be joking ... that should do the trick :evil: :laugh:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: u make me giggle .... i may stop by tomorrow
MART
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Remember its surprising where a big bike will go, its all down to the rider. Just grow a pair and open the throttle! LOL:laugh:
jasext

Post by jasext »

I have just started a new thread with regards to bikes and groups ,please could you add you names by copying and pasting your names into the relevant groups to keep things organised

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... html#72908

Thanks and see you all the weekend
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Is this a third registration page!
dragonwheels

Re: ABR Wales Rally - Trail rides

Post by dragonwheels »

Oh Lordy...look..there's no real legal access to fire roads type stuff for big bikes, so the going can be snotty, rocky, wet, and steep. Hence my advice regarding not trying it on a 1200 gs on Road tyres....All I'm saying is...don't say you haven't been warned.

At the end of the day - take the advice of the ride leaders, and if you're not sure, I hope you're good at picking bikes up and pushing!

Glad to See Scrambled Eggs is back in the fold for ride leader, well done that man.

Remember this is supposed to be a laid back kind of affair, hence we're trying to minimise officialdom, your ride leaders are giving up their time for free, so chillax, go with the flow people...and check out the sign-up page if you want to be sure of a place on a mountain assualt - sorry... gentle green lane ride....
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
dragonwheels

Re: ABR Wales Rally - Timings for Guided rides

Post by dragonwheels »

Here's the final word - having discussed with eth guides - everyone will get a printed welcome sheet with this info on as well as lots of other useful snippets.

Road ride leaves from the Ancient on Saturday when Alun starts shouting and or picking fights with Irish people if the Rugby doeasn't go our (Wales') way...

Green laning - guidedThe guided green lane rides will leave the from the Touratech car park, approx 4 miles down the road from the pub, (directions overleaf) this will make mustering the groups much easier. On Saturday there are two groups – Big bikes, (this will be the easier of the two routes, so if in doubt – take this option) and smaller more trail biased bikes, lighter bikes I’d say up to 600cc with proper knobblies.
You’ll need to be at the car park for 9.30 am, small bikes leave at 10 sharp, the big bikes leave at 10.15.

On Sunday there will be just one group, taking the easier route as per big bikes on the Saturday, timing as per Saturday

If you’re a total novice or have road biased tyres, don’t even think about it. Please take the advice of the guides as to you or your bikes suitability for the rides, terrain etc. Everyone rides at their own risk, there is no provision for breakdown or recovery, so make sure you have tyre levers and a puncture kit etc amongst you.
"Never trust a man who tells you he never feels the need to get drunk, he's either lying , or not paying attention"
jasext

Post by jasext »

Yes sorry it is to get the numbers of riders in each group sorted ,there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to the rides ,i have made a few phone calls to sort it out and hopefully clear it up
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Bikes packed and ready to go....just need to get tomorrows working day over with!
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

Yup me ready good to go ... just qhick stop by morrison in the morning say chow to the mrs sorry been soppy I know . :lol:
Meet minky at the spot and we be away .
could be a struggle against the eliments wind no.1 Rain ahh its going to be a adventure getting there before we started in wales :whistle: :evil: :lol: :laugh: B)
MART

Return to “ABR WALES SIMMER RALLY 8th - 9th Oct 2011”