ABR Calendar: I heard a rumour that they where available from today...

Post up pics for the 2012 Calendar.
Udders

Re: just bagged a calendar

Post by Udders »

Ordered!
Paul

Post by Paul »

2 wheeled tourist wrote:Order sent too...two deserving charities too, if only I knew what Curry Aid stood for... :unsure:
Wow! I have just been blown away. Been looking at the thread and shop waiting for the calander to appear. When I read your thread above I thought "Curry Aid" and went straight to the calander page.

"Curry Aid" is a local charity run by Jessie Oddy, myself and Maria. We run an orphanage and help with a second childrens home in Tamil Nadu, India.
Over the last year ABR members have taken our cause on board. Starting with the Curry night at the Boil rally last year, a collection has been held at almost every other ABR rally to help these kids. Jessie travels to India on Sunday and we ussually make about £5,000. This provides everything to clothe, feed, give shelter and educate approx 120 kids for a year.
Maria and I have actually just got back home from Jessie's and this year with many thanks to the generousity of ABR members, she is taking over £9,000. This amount will of course keep the kids safe for another year and in addition will allow me to keep my promise made to the children last year to buy them beds.
This doesn't sound like a big thing but, when I visited last year the nights are freezing cold and the kids were sleeping on a dirt floor, huddled together for warmth. I personally hammered my Visa card to buy them blankets, now we can buy them beds.

On behalf of Jessie, myself and Maria, I cannot express my gratitute enough!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ABR.....

P1000400.JPG
P1000400.JPG (215.63 KiB) Viewed 6386 times
Vindaloo

Post by Vindaloo »

Ordered :)
Ubique 895

Post by Ubique 895 »

Sweet, ordered mine too. Should brighten up my rather drab looking room.
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Paul wrote:
2 wheeled tourist wrote:Order sent too...two deserving charities too, if only I knew what Curry Aid stood for... :unsure:
Wow! I have just been blown away. Been looking at the thread and shop waiting for the calander to appear. When I read your thread above I thought "Curry Aid" and went straight to the calander page.

"Curry Aid" is a local charity run by Jessie Oddy, myself and Maria. We run an orphanage and help with a second childrens home in Tamil Nadu, India.
Over the last year ABR members have taken our cause on board. Starting with the Curry night at the Boil rally last year, a collection has been held at almost every other ABR rally to help these kids. Jessie travels to India on Sunday and we ussually make about £5,000. This provides everything to clothe, feed, give shelter and educate approx 120 kids for a year.
Maria and I have actually just got back home from Jessie's and this year with many thanks to the generousity of ABR members, she is taking over £9,000. This amount will of course keep the kids safe for another year and in addition will allow me to keep my promise made to the children last year to buy them beds.
This doesn't sound like a big thing but, when I visited last year the nights are freezing cold and the kids were sleeping on a dirt floor, huddled together for warmth. I personally hammered my Visa card to buy them blankets, now we can buy them beds.

On behalf of Jessie, myself and Maria, I cannot express my gratitute enough!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ABR.....

P1000400.JPG
Thanks for the insight there Paul, (+1 too) and here was I thinking Curry Aid was a bunch of adventure bikers’ at a rally all chipping in for a curry take-away… :unsure: :P

Pleased that NABD got a mention too :)
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
Wozzy

Post by Wozzy »

Ordered ..... that's another visit from the nice post lady to look forward too :) :)
multiman

Post by multiman »

Ordered :)
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

Just ordered mine :)
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
ADV.John

Re: ABR Calendar: I heard a rumour that they where available from today...

Post by ADV.John »

Ordered :woohoo: :woohoo:
yoda

Re: ABR Calendar: I heard a rumour that they where available from today...

Post by yoda »

:) ordered mine, good to see the money going to charities, should help me keep my mind on the important things while i'm stuck in my groundhog day office.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.

Return to “ABR CALENDAR 2012”