Post up pics for the 2012 Calendar.
Udders

Re: ABR calander 2012

Post by Udders »

Sounds like a good idea to me.
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

Alun wrote:Great idea tramp, we'll need a new thread to post up just pics and captions for consideration and, er, I nominate you and Em-J to be judges.

We'd need a cut off date for submitting pics of say end of Oct and we'll have the calanders printed by begining of Dec 2011 and for sale on the site. We could then have a pole of the 12 winners to choose a charity. Over to you :) :whistle:
It will be very difficult to choose just 12 looking at the calibre of photos on the site already. Other calendars I have seen have a montage on each month, say 3 or 4 per month tops.
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
Alun

Post by Alun »

AckAckFlack wrote:
Alun wrote:Great idea tramp, we'll need a new thread to post up just pics and captions for consideration and, er, I nominate you and Em-J to be judges.

We'd need a cut off date for submitting pics of say end of Oct and we'll have the calanders printed by begining of Dec 2011 and for sale on the site. We could then have a pole of the 12 winners to choose a charity. Over to you :) :whistle:
It will be very difficult to choose just 12 looking at the calibre of photos on the site already. Other calendars I have seen have a montage on each month, say 3 or 4 per month tops.
Or one big winner at the top (big pics always work best) and 5 small runner up pics across the bottom. It's tramps call, I'll just get them printed :whistle:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

oh dear what have I started :woohoo: ..

how about when people submit their pics they suggest a month so we can at least have some type of theme going..

Jan-something hot like Morocco to get over the winter blues
Feburury..cold and Elefant rally type or welsh meet.
April-spring -dusting the cobwebs off
May -greenlanes etc
June- europe tours to come..

you get the idea..inspirational like..my head hurts:huh: :huh:

And yes a compilation on each month sounds a good idea..

wife says what about for December a calander girls type shoot but Bikers in Helmets..
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Here's Aprils for you :unsure: or am I confused :whistle:

155.JPG
155.JPG (74.75 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
156_2011-07-05.JPG
156_2011-07-05.JPG (47.36 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
Real men ride twins ;-)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Why stick to one photo per page here is samples of calander produced by another site I am member of. I think this format works well.

ImageImageImage
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

Not sure if these are the best pictures but IMO this bike would have to be in an ABR Calander for sure :)

Louis
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Louisdut wrote:Not sure if these are the best pictures but IMO this bike would have to be in an ABR Calander for sure :)

Louis
Yeah put that on every page,,,,, Id buy it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

April would have to feature pictures from the Boil Rally. And all other annual Rallys on there corresponding months.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Morning Guys and Girls...

calander page format..top large picture then dates with enough room for important bike meets etc..then bottom with 3 smaller ones...whats your views?

The calander needs to be inkeeping with the ABR "ethos" everydays a adventure so get out and ride somewhere..it dosent need to be a round the world thing ..

The pics really need to inspire people and have a general warm feeling..think Craigs is a good start...

so we have the main boil pics for the corresponding months then..January can be winter/snow type pics..

Feb - Sub saharen Africa ..to chear us all up..
March-
April-Green lane ..as most TRO`s are lifted then.
May
June - Europe type tour pics
July -Lymington boil
August-Warwickshire Boil
September-
October-
November-
December-christmas type them "daring santa" or good cause ride out.

So people as its us thats gonna buy the thing Input please? once we have a agreed format then we can open up a picture thread..
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

That works for me Tramp.
Maybe to make it easy for you a thread for each month so you are not having to sift through working out what is what (knowing how hard it was for them on xrv)
ALso there will be some pics that would work for a couple of months and could be submitted to the month thread.
Alun would it be possible to make a section for Calendar 2012 so the threads can go in ?
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'

Return to “ABR CALENDAR 2012”