ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

boboneleg

Re: ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

Post by boboneleg »

I'm pretty sure we saw you guys on your rideout today, we were dropping down from Hardy's monument when you all came past at the crossroads.

We rode on down to Abbotsbury and along Burton Rd UCR afterwards and then I think we might have seen you again in West Bay.

one-legged adventurer
spasm

Post by spasm »

i drove by there earlier mark, was windy saw the tents fron the road, hope they stay up tonight lol. huge gales and plenty of rain coming in the next 12 hours :blink:
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

boboneleg wrote:I'm pretty sure we saw you guys on your rideout today, we were dropping down from Hardy's monument when you all came past at the crossroads.

We rode on down to Abbotsbury and along Burton Rd UCR afterwards and then I think we might have seen you again in West Bay.

That was us! We had gone down to Portesham but saw the "Road Closed" sign and I turned around and took everyone across the Roman Road to Bridport and West Bay..

How was the last bit of the UCR? Is it still covered in pebbles as you reach the car park?

Good to see you though, it was a great day for a ride.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

spasm wrote:i drove by there earlier mark, was windy saw the tents fron the road, hope they stay up tonight lol. huge gales and plenty of rain coming in the next 12 hours :blink:
I thought you had your name down for the rally Pete? It was a brilliant day today, we ended up doing about 150 miles and mainly B roads and lanes.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

MarkN wrote:
That was us! We had gone down to Portesham but saw the "Road Closed" sign and I turned around and took everyone across the Roman Road to Bridport and West Bay..

How was the last bit of the UCR? Is it still covered in pebbles as you reach the car park?

Good to see you though, it was a great day for a ride.
Some of the puddles were quite deep, Steve was 'christening' his new 990 :)

You caught us by surprise, we wished we'd still been up by the monument so that we could say hello.
one-legged adventurer
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Early Sunday start for me to beat the worst of the wind and rain (like heck!! it just kept getting worse), but I made it over the bridge and back to Wales with no issues.

If I didn't get chance to say bye, consider it done. Great to see everyone and many thanks to Mark etc for organising another great winter rally. I feel tired but refreshed!

Cheers
Pat
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Thanks Mark for organising another brilliant rally, it was great to catch up with everyone. Big thanks to Pat for a very special bottle of well travelled rum. Hope you all get home safely in this shite weather (thumbs)
Real men ride twins ;-)
spasm

Post by spasm »

dont think i did mark ? i had to go pick a car up from bridgewater, and drove by. glad u all had a good one

appologies i just seen that i put a post up, but was just trolling lol whoops,
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
IndigoSteve

ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

Post by IndigoSteve »

Thanks for organising Mark. Had a great ride with you all, despite missing the start!! I'll make sure I'm ready on time for the next event.

I bailed out Sat eve to miss the weather. Hope you all get back ok.

Thanks to everyone for being so helpful and particularly Darren for his tips and advice (nice bike mate)

Here's a few pics I took

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Capt. Sensible

Post by Capt. Sensible »

Not long got in after a very soggy ride back up the Fosse. Thanks to Mark and to all the nice folks I met yesterday. You are a much more sociable and friendly bunch than any other bike group I have encountered over the years and I was made to feel very welcome - thank you!
I hope to see everyboday again either at the Dragon or at the Malvern rally in March.

H :)

Return to “ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014”