ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

devon john

Re: ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014

Post by devon john »

MarkN wrote: It doesn't matter to me, out of 20 people who came last year only 5 did the road ride and 2 did the off road because it was raining!!!

Everyone is welcome
but everyone DID come on BIKES!!!
PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THESE EVENT MOTORCYCLE ONLY or whats the point!!!!

john
stanbloke

Post by stanbloke »

Count me out too Mark. :angry:

I sleep and ride when i want, where i want and with whom i choose.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Shall we all calm down?

My feeling is as long as you've got a bike to ride over the weekend then it's cool.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

MarkN wrote:Shall we all calm down?

My feeling is as long as you've got a bike to ride over the weekend then it's cool.
I agree with you Mark & well thought out. B)
Nice to be purist like some of the big winter MOTORBIKE rallies but this is an ADVENTURE BIKE RALLY. :woohoo:
Some will want to do the off road ride & only use lightweights which they won't want to ride with all their gear to the event.
Others will do the whole trip by bike & may only be comfortable with their big roadie on tarmac.
The point is that ABR caters for all & as long as motorcycling is the common denominator then each to his or her own & lets all be respectful of that freedom of personal choice to suit the occasion. :P

So now everybody back on your heads. :silly:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
devon john

Post by devon john »

yes i understand what your saying BUT as a biker and have attended one or two avents over the last 45yrs i personalty feel that its the thin end of the wedge when a BIKE EVENT turns into a general camping or camper van weekend.
if we all brought a van or caravan, to me that defeats the hole idea of what its all about.

its all about roughing it together to me!!

may be iam old school well so be it.

john
spasm

Post by spasm »

im bringing my house, and the wifey to cook me dinner, and put the heated blanket on at night, and i dont give a shit wot john thinks :laugh:
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

devon john wrote:yes i understand what your saying BUT as a biker and have attended one or two avents over the last 45yrs i personalty feel that its the thin end of the wedge when a BIKE EVENT turns into a general camping or camper van weekend.
if we all brought a van or caravan, to me that defeats the hole idea of what its all about.

its all about roughing it together to me!!

may be iam old school well so be it.

john
I can understand where you're coming from John. One of the last rallies I went to from UKGSer I seemed to be the only person in a tent and most brought their GS's on a trailer etc.

As Brian has pointed out, ABR is a bit different as several members arrive in cars and vans etc as they bring their off road bikes.

I would prefer to see folk there, enjoying the weekend however they seem fit. At the Ullapool rally, lots of people stay in B&B.

As you remember from last year, lots of people sat in the cafe all day as it was raining heavily, not much of the adventure spirit there, just a good day had by everyone.

So, for the winter rally, bring a bivvy bag, tent, caravan, cardboard box or stay in the hotel with fluffy warm towels, let's just get together, have a few beers, talk bollocks and have a good laugh.
JASON BUCK ROGERS

Post by JASON BUCK ROGERS »

Hi Mark thought I had myself down for this one already, but can't find my post. so as I will my fix early this year put me down but will be in my little tent not my central heated camper van. Just want some nice winter sunshine. Is the one on Exmore still on before Christmas?

Regards Jason
JASON BUCK ROGERS

Post by JASON BUCK ROGERS »

Ouch just noticed that last reply personally I don't think it matters how you come to these rallies as long as they are well support but as I do most of my rallies on a budget I don't have much of a choice but my little tent but given the option the large camper van with all the comforts of home wouldn't have gone a miss last year.

regards jason
devon john

Post by devon john »

JASON BUCK ROGERS wrote: Is the one on Exmore still on before Christmas?

Regards Jason
yes Jason its still on not sure of the dates yet
JOHN

Return to “ABR Winter Rally, Dorset January 24-26, 2014”