ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 5th to 7th December 2014 Officia sign up thread

exrm193

Re: ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 5th to 7th December 2014 Officia sign up thread

Post by exrm193 »

Ditto.

John- curry needs to be hotter. I can bring some sauce next year :evil: :evil:
devon john

Re: ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 5th to 7th December 2014 Officia sign up thread

Post by devon john »

Mawnanian wrote:Everything that's been said, I had a great time:
and John, I'm localish so will be up for helping out if you do it again next year.
Ian mate your offer is excepted,
thanks
john
devon john

Post by devon john »

exrm193 wrote:Ditto.

John- curry needs to be hotter. I can bring some sauce next year :evil: :evil:
cooking for the masses not the few :ohmy:

everyone will eat a mild curry ,,,,,,,,, but they all won't eat a hot one.
john
catcitrus

Re: ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 5th to 7th December 2014 offroad run

Post by catcitrus »

Just to say a big thank you to Rob and Tony for leading and tail ending the offroad ride.

Plenty of mud and a bit of water and a few rocks--but carefully chosen so that everyone got round (almost--Africa twin ran out of grip on one climb). Quite a big group and no mishaps . I didn't take any phots--don't know whether anybody did? The CCM went well with just a front brake--but thats another story.
The weather was great for the time of year and I think we all enjoyed it?

Just cleaned the bike and my lawn now has some Devon mud on it--bike cleaned up well with no apparent bits missing--ready for the next outing !

Great venue and John did a superb job, worked his socks off, and dispensed free words of wisdom.
CB
devon john

Re: ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 5th to 7th December 2014 offroad run

Post by devon john »

went to the site today just to make sure that Russel the owner was happy.

he apologised about to saturday breakfast mix up, but was very happy with they way the site was left .

and is very happy to have us back next year (thumbs) (thumbs)

i will sort out a date and book the site now i have more volunteers to help,,, Jon , chippy, Ian and Bill.

this will make a great difference and remove some of the pressure from me ,Rick, Dave ,tim and jacky.

john
RICK

Post by RICK »

RICK wrote:Firstly thank you to all that braved the weather and helped us raise money for the Devon Air Ambulance. We had a great time putting this altogether with loads of food, some drink and also the auction. A big thank's to the people that donated all the fantastic stuff to buy.
The ride out was led by Rob Hook and the tail end was myself, 22 riders talk part and we only lost three people. I hope you will forgive me but I don't know about the off road ride out except they all had fun.
After we sorted out the camp and put all the stuff back to were it was, we had a count up of the money. over £650 was the bill for just the tents & fire wood, Devon John's food bill plus gas was covered and the six barrels of beer/cider was also sorted, Stickers were paid for and all time given by our selves and the tunnel tent was given free of charge, Thanks to Tredown.
I am happy to tell you all we raised £514:30. I will be getting a load of money bags tomorrow so I can then bank it. When I get the reply from the DAAT I will put it up on here.
Thank's again.
Rick.
Money paid in today, when I get an E-mail I will re post it here.
Rick.
PS last year we raised £345.00
devon john

Post by devon john »

thanks Rick for sorting the money out!!

and thanks again for your help,,,, i have four more volunteers for next year , this will make are job a little easier .

john
threepot

Post by threepot »

Thanks for your hospitality and welcome. Adrian and myself enjoyed (thumbs) And the run to Bocastle was fab.
Butch

Post by Butch »

Hi have to say this was an ace rally (sorry for the late feedback).

This was my first ABR and winter rally, every one speaks to you no matter what you ride. Other rallies I've attended, if you don't own a custom modern Triumph or Harley nobody wants to know you. Excellent ride out and very sociable, will be back next year.

And thanks again John for the loan of the tent pegs. :blush:
devon john

Post by devon john »

Butch wrote:Hi have to say this was an ace rally (sorry for the late feedback).

This was my first ABR and winter rally, every one speaks to you no matter what you ride. Other rallies I've attended, if you don't own a custom modern Triumph or Harley nobody wants to know you. Excellent ride out and very sociable, will be back next year.

And thanks again John for the loan of the tent pegs. :blush:
good to meet you ,,, now your a hardened winter camper theres the winter camp in shropshire January.

i will be running the Malvern hills rally again in March but its fend for yourself at these events .

and if you have tickets the Dragon Rally February

john

Return to “ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer Rally 5th to 7th December 2014”