Thread preview?

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
AustinW

Thread preview?

Post by AustinW »

On all the other forums I use when I hover the mouse pointer over the subject matter of a thread I get a preview of about the first 20-30 words of the first post - enough so I get the gist of the thread or it reminds me what the thread was about when I last looked at it. In fact I think on some forums if I have read the thread I either get the first unread post as a preview or the latest post as a preview. On the new ABR forum software I don't get this at all - no matter which view I am in - whether its "new posts", unread posts or the board index I cant get the preview.

What I do get is a small grey box saying "unread posts" or "no unread posts". That is not really all the helpful.

The absence of this definitely affects my use and browsing of the forum. I don't want to open every thread to see whats the latest or just to find out what its about - thread titles can be misleading. Even with the lower throughput after the software change I am finding ABR a user-unfriendly place to visit.

It might be my software or settings if so any hints please. If not it needs sorting.

Macbook air / OSX El Capitan version 10.11.6 / Safari 11.0.1.
deksawyer

Re: Thread preview?

Post by deksawyer »

This is indeed a useful tool.

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”