poll.....We want a like page

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
DavidS

Re: poll.....We want a like page

Post by DavidS »

If there was a 'like' button, I would click it, but a pointless post will have to do for now :lol: :lol: :lol:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
threepot

Post by threepot »

Zookman wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am
DavidS wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am
Zookman wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 pm
DavidS wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:09 pm
Zookman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:42 am Couldn't care less about like buttons, they're far too Facebooky for my liking, if i really like someones post then i'll take the few seconds to type a reply.
As for the 'recent posts' not going back far enough....... Umm hello ! You just click on the next page of recent posts, there are page numbers in boxes at the top, or is that too much hassle for some of you as well.
But you read down the recent posts list then have to go back to the top to go to the next page. Totally illogical.
If you read a post then you have to go to the drop down menu for new posts but at least it is a full list. Again, an illogical route.
It may not be much but the more you use it, the more irritating it gets.

Although I am a relative newbie here, I didn't feel the old forum needed fixing (from a users point of view) so I'm afraid the new one is a backward step IMHO.

I'll agree to disagree about the buttons.
Yeah, must be really hard to just click the next page of recent posts, then after viewing the thread you want it must be even harder to either click back to return to that recent posts page or click board index to go back to the start of recent posts.
Jeeze, how do you handle of riding a motorcycle..... all that hassle of clutch in and changing gear. Must be a nightmare for you.
Calm down :roll: It's not the end of the world.
It is rather tiresome though. ;) :)
The observation was that a forum operation that worked just fine has been 'updated' to be less logical. Not exactly progress.
I have managed to keep riding bikes for 45 years now so have just about got the hang of it thanks.
Well, you're wrong. The old forum didn't 'work just fine' at all. There was constant issues with posting pics and a particular annoyance was the fact the forum page would not flag up an alert that there was a PM waiting. Threads were put up complaining about this again and again.
Couldn't post a few pics,and couldn't be bothered to check if you had a msg now and again?

Jeeze,how do you manage motorcycle ownership? I mean..getting all dressed up,boots,jckt and trousers,helmet. Then filling up with fuel!! ;) :D
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

threepot wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:48 pm
Zookman wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am
DavidS wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am
Zookman wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 pm
DavidS wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:09 pm
Zookman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:42 am Couldn't care less about like buttons, they're far too Facebooky for my liking, if i really like someones post then i'll take the few seconds to type a reply.
As for the 'recent posts' not going back far enough....... Umm hello ! You just click on the next page of recent posts, there are page numbers in boxes at the top, or is that too much hassle for some of you as well.
But you read down the recent posts list then have to go back to the top to go to the next page. Totally illogical.
If you read a post then you have to go to the drop down menu for new posts but at least it is a full list. Again, an illogical route.
It may not be much but the more you use it, the more irritating it gets.

Although I am a relative newbie here, I didn't feel the old forum needed fixing (from a users point of view) so I'm afraid the new one is a backward step IMHO.

I'll agree to disagree about the buttons.
Yeah, must be really hard to just click the next page of recent posts, then after viewing the thread you want it must be even harder to either click back to return to that recent posts page or click board index to go back to the start of recent posts.
Jeeze, how do you handle of riding a motorcycle..... all that hassle of clutch in and changing gear. Must be a nightmare for you.
Calm down :roll: It's not the end of the world.
It is rather tiresome though. ;) :)
The observation was that a forum operation that worked just fine has been 'updated' to be less logical. Not exactly progress.
I have managed to keep riding bikes for 45 years now so have just about got the hang of it thanks.
Well, you're wrong. The old forum didn't 'work just fine' at all. There was constant issues with posting pics and a particular annoyance was the fact the forum page would not flag up an alert that there was a PM waiting. Threads were put up complaining about this again and again.
Couldn't post a few pics,and couldn't be bothered to check if you had a msg now and again?

Jeeze,how do you manage motorcycle ownership? I mean..getting all dressed up,boots,jckt and trousers,helmet. Then filling up with fuel!! ;) :D
I never had a problem posting pics on the old forum, always worked fine with Phottobucket..... But others did and it was always being moaned about. Justs like the moans about PM alerts.
This new forum is much better and works better...... its just a few whingers that are picking holes in it.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I reckon Photobucket was possibly more the problem as being able to copy the IMG file was a bit hit and miss in recent times.
Academic now and good riddance.

We were asked for constructive crticism and that's what has happened.

And my carb is now clean and the bike works properly again. :D
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Alun

Post by Alun »

Tramp wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:55 pm
We have lost the humour that the like button enabled us to quickly respond to ride reports ,pictures etc...how the hell do we know folks like this stuff

There should now be a like button at the top of every post - it's the thumbs up image.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Excellent - makes the forum 100% classier and no need for pointless posts like this anymore. ;) :lol:
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

As i started it all :D ...

A big thanks for making the little but important changes most of us appreciate..
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Tramp wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:55 pm Okay....it isnt just me... :lol:

Ever since the upgrade....downgrade :roll:

We have lost the humour that the like button enabled us to quickly respond to ride reports ,pictures etc...how the hell do we know folks like this stuff or even care....

It is a tremendous oversight when the upgrade was planned...you cant even add whatsapp images....

So vote.....hell even thats gone awol
As an occasional Poster here, I have to agree on the "downgrade" aspect! ;)

I see some others in this thread have noted that activity has dropped off and I am certainly "guilty as charged" on this. Why...? I don't like the new forum and find it unpleasant to use and lacks for want of a better word, flow...

Hey ho, I adapt or bugger off...
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

I am not overly fussed about a 'Like' button but it does allow one to favour a post without making the thread overly long.

However, the length of the opening page is annoying. It stops a simple scroll down to glance over the topics (as per the previous system). I know Zookman thinks we are all too lazy to click the next page button but there realy is no reason, not to have it longer, all the other lists are 25 posts each.

I know the new forum technically performs a lot better than the old one but we were all familiar with the visual format and functionality of it.
midlife

Post by midlife »

I agree with Ray, a longer page for new/unread posts would be nice.

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”