poll.....We want a like page

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Boggs

Re: poll.....We want a like page

Post by Boggs »

Not complaining it's just my opinion,i preferred the old forum format if im honest,feels like a step backwards,dunno why.

Cheers Boggs
mikeXTZ

Post by mikeXTZ »

I also preferred the old site, I could not register with my old name "stratarider", got fed up of going round in circles, hence new user name. If you look at the bottom there seems to be fewer people browsing this site, as i recall there were many names browsing on the old one. Seems to have lost its character.....Mike :(
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Agree with above.

Hope its sorted soon
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Zookman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:42 am Couldn't care less about like buttons, they're far too Facebooky for my liking, if i really like someones post then i'll take the few seconds to type a reply.
As for the 'recent posts' not going back far enough....... Umm hello ! You just click on the next page of recent posts, there are page numbers in boxes at the top, or is that too much hassle for some of you as well.
But you read down the recent posts list then have to go back to the top to go to the next page. Totally illogical.
If you read a post then you have to go to the drop down menu for new posts but at least it is a full list. Again, an illogical route.
It may not be much but the more you use it, the more irritating it gets.

Although I am a relative newbie here, I didn't feel the old forum needed fixing (from a users point of view) so I'm afraid the new one is a backward step IMHO.

I'll agree to disagree about the buttons.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

mikeXTZ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:11 am I also preferred the old site, I could not register with my old name "stratarider", got fed up of going round in circles, hence new user name. If you look at the bottom there seems to be fewer people browsing this site, as i recall there were many names browsing on the old one. Seems to have lost its character.....Mike :(

Some forum softwares allow users to change user names others require a mod to do it I suggest asking if you want you old user name 8-)
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

DavidS wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:09 pm
Zookman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:42 am Couldn't care less about like buttons, they're far too Facebooky for my liking, if i really like someones post then i'll take the few seconds to type a reply.
As for the 'recent posts' not going back far enough....... Umm hello ! You just click on the next page of recent posts, there are page numbers in boxes at the top, or is that too much hassle for some of you as well.
But you read down the recent posts list then have to go back to the top to go to the next page. Totally illogical.
If you read a post then you have to go to the drop down menu for new posts but at least it is a full list. Again, an illogical route.

Although I am a relative newbie here, I didn't feel the old forum needed fixing (from a users point of view) so I'm afraid the new one is a backward step IMHO.

Yeah, must be really hard to just click the next page of recent posts, then after viewing the thread you want it must be even harder to either click back to return to that recent posts page or click board index to go back to the start of recent posts.
Jeeze, how do you handle of riding a motorcycle..... all that hassle of clutch in and changing gear. Must be a nightmare for you.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Zookman wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Yeah, must be really hard to just click the next page of recent posts, then after viewing the thread you want it must be even harder to either click back to return to that recent posts page or click board index to go back to the start of recent posts.
Jeeze, how do you handle of riding a motorcycle..... all that hassle of clutch in and changing gear. Must be a nightmare for you.
Calm down :roll: It's not the end of the world.
It is rather tiresome though. ;) :)
The observation was that a forum operation that worked just fine has been 'updated' to be less logical. Not exactly progress.
I have managed to keep riding bikes for 45 years now so have just about got the hang of it thanks.
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

DavidS wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am
Zookman wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:40 pm

Calm down :roll: It's not the end of the world.
It is rather tiresome though. ;) :)
The observation was that a forum operation that worked just fine has been 'updated' to be less logical. Not exactly progress.
I have managed to keep riding bikes for 45 years now so have just about got the hang of it thanks.
Well, you're wrong. The old forum didn't 'work just fine' at all. There was constant issues with posting pics and a particular annoyance was the fact the forum page would not flag up an alert that there was a PM waiting. Threads were put up complaining about this again and again.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

As I said, this is pointless bickering so forget it.
We are coming at this from different perspectives and serving no purpose.
What suits one won't necessarily suit another.

Chin up and keep riding (or cleaning the gunge out of my Triumph carb as today's project).
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

DavidS wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 am As I said, this is pointless bickering so forget it.
We are coming at this from different perspectives and serving no purpose.
What suits one won't necessarily suit another.

Chin up and keep riding (or cleaning the gunge out of my Triumph carb as today's project).

Bang on the money here. Bickering and unhelpful comments don't - help - anyone. The software is new to the forum so will take a bit of time for all of us to get used to its new systems. But people requesting improvements is how things... improve.

There is always a way for 'just click this, just do that...jeez is that so hard?!'

Well no it's not. But it doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Is switching a light on difficult? Certainly not. But now look at Alexa, Amazons assistant. One of the best selling gadgets on the planet. It turns on lights. Not difficult but hey we evolve.

There are definitely problems with the forum like all the missing pics and links, but hopefully they will get sorted out and hopefully improvements will come.

No doubt come the cold and dark nights we will all get more used to the forum and have it thriving again.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”