Ignore function

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Treadtrader

Re: Ignore function

Post by Treadtrader »

moto al wrote:
micksea wrote:It's a shortcut to more division and malcontent.we're all in it together (I realize the political content and who said it) so why don't we practice some tolerance and rise above the things we don't like or agree with.
that's all very well ,personally I don't like being called a Scottish C, a jock traitor , and other nasty things. Al :(
y

Who and when were you called a Scottish C Al?
Let me know by pm.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Back on thread.
Some ignore functions tend to block the posts of the people you block, which sometimes make thread unreadable. Also if someone who's not on your block list quotes a post of the blocked person it defeats the original intent.

meanwhile I'll just gently flounce off................
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Redmurty wrote:
moto al wrote:
micksea wrote:It's a shortcut to more division and malcontent.we're all in it together (I realize the political content and who said it) so why don't we practice some tolerance and rise above the things we don't like or agree with.
that's all very well ,personally I don't like being called a Scottish C, a jock traitor , and other nasty things. Al :(
and some of us don't like being called xenophobic just because we have a slightly different view

cheers Spud ;)
I used to have a xenophobe when I was a kid. At bit like this one on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colourful-Chi ... Sw4shX~L~m

Sorry mate, could not help it. :pinch:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote: I've got to admit that I look at who is going to attend rallies or off road weekends and don't go if there are going to be people there that I really don't want to be in the same place as. I'd never post saying I wouldn't attend X event because Y person was going to be there because the only person who needs to know is me (thumbs)
Just go and if you find they are the same in real life as they are on the forum, tell them what you think of them and go drink elsewhere.

As general comments no reflection on you Andy.....

Most people who are arseholes on a forum will be nice as pie face to face, because they are hypocrites and cowards.

If nobody on social media says anything they wouldn't be prepared to say face to face, we'd have far fewer arguments.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

daytona-supersport wrote:
Redmurty wrote:
moto al wrote:
and some of us don't like being called xenophobic just because we have a slightly different view

cheers Spud ;)[

I used to have a xenophobe when I was a kid. At bit like this one on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Colourful-Chi ... Sw4shX~L~m

Sorry mate, could not help it. :pinch:
you beat me to it, i was gonna go down that route but had trouble with the spelling

steve
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Hundreds of folk are now going to get an email from ebay asking if they are interested in buying a zenophobe.........shame on you :laugh:

As to the ignore option, well like life you talk to those you like and ignore those you dont but you still dont let their actions affect your life or what you want to do.
Peace man

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i never post in non motorcycle issues ..i never even read them ..there are plaenty of forums and political sites for that crap

dont we all know that you should never talk religion politics or football ..it never works and you will never change peoples outlooks ..trying to impose your own beliefs on other people is pure folly ..you dont need a ignore button ..just ignore any thread with politics involved.. (thumbs)

braaaap
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

moto al wrote:

and i dont like been called very handsome ..quick witted..very amusing ..highly intelectual /iteleektual/interlectuall/ fek it clever.... and great company ...but i have just to put up with it .that or never go to the pub again
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I don,t mind a bit of leg pulling and banter :) I am mainly here for the bikes,technical articles and travel reports though. I can ignore other posts if i need to :) I don,t particularly like being told that my views are wrong either but i don,t tend to make them public on motorcycle forums. Without stating the obvious we are all different and entitled to our own opinions but i would rather see any forum i am a part of remain good humoured without personal attacks on other members. The best forum i have been a part of was the mt riders club but even there Simon had to wield the big stick occasionally to keep everyone in line. (thumbs)
threepot

Post by threepot »

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”