Ignore function

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
micksea

Re: Ignore function

Post by micksea »

Treadtrader wrote:
moto al wrote:
micksea wrote:It's a shortcut to more division and malcontent.we're all in it together (I realize the political content and who said it) so why don't we practice some tolerance and rise above the things we don't like or agree with.
that's all very well ,personally I don't like being called a Scottish C, a jock traitor , and other nasty things. Al :(
y

Who and when were you called a Scottish C Al?
Let me know by pm.
As this has been quoted several times could I just clarify that it wasn't me who was abusive towards Al and I'm sure he wasn't suggesting that I was (thumbs) (thumbs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

micksea wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:
moto al wrote:
micksea wrote:It's a shortcut to more division and malcontent.we're all in it together (I realize the political content and who said it) so why don't we practice some tolerance and rise above the things we don't like or agree with.
that's all very well ,personally I don't like being called a Scottish C, a jock traitor , and other nasty things. Al :(
y

Who and when were you called a Scottish C Al?
Let me know by pm.
As this has been quoted several times could I just clarify that it wasn't me who was abusive towards Al and I'm sure he wasn't suggesting that I was (thumbs) (thumbs)
I wouldn't worry about it, he's used the same C word or a version he imagined might be more acceptable numerous times when he goes off on one. It's obviously not quite as nasty if it's being dished out by him (thumbs)
dave h

Post by dave h »

cunts.

Dave.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps ,iv never used fowle words on this site . Apart from calling some people Cretans . Ok Andy .Al
moto al
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

moto al wrote:Hi chaps ,iv never used fowle words on this site . Apart from calling some people Cretans . Ok Andy .Al
Really? So calling someone a self appointed twat doesn't ring any bells?

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... =70#425363

If that needs any extra clarification then here we go

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/twat

It's like shelling peas (thumbs)
moto al

Post by moto al »

AndyB wrote:
moto al wrote:Hi chaps ,iv never used fowle words on this site . Apart from calling some people Cretans . Ok Andy .Al
Really? So calling someone a self appointed twat doesn't ring any bells?

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... =70#425363

If that needs any extra clarification then here we go

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/twat Andy how did you know ,I was talking about you ? . This forum has too much venom .time too move on . Take care chaps sit safe .regards Al (thumbs)

It's like shelling peas (thumbs)
moto al
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Just reading a few posts before makes it pretty clear who you were referring to but that's not the relevant part. You claim never to have used words like that on this forum and the first page of results on the forum search gave the game away. Normally I can't be bothered searching old posts but your earlier post about people using offensive words to you and then claiming never to do the same made me decide to waste a minute or two of my evening.

No doubt you'll claim any insults from you are only posted in jest and shouldn't be taken seriously but that's worn a bit thin and is getting hard to believe.
boatman

Post by boatman »

Best policy is

NOT to insult. NOT to denigrate
NOT to say anything on a bike forum that you would not say face to face.
It would be such a shame if this forum section crashed because of Intemperate behaviour to each other

As in I would like to go to that rally BUT oop,s I better not because xxxxxx will be there , so beware of what come,s out of your thoughts and into forum space ,cos you can't take it back once it's out.
I have watched spats between peeps on other forums ,AND when you meet the said peeps in meatspace they are usually quite normal decent types ( well normal in a bike rally kind of way (thumbs) )
So DO try to keep it sensible folks
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

boatman wrote:Best policy is

It would be such a shame if this forum section crashed because of Intemperate behaviour to each other

As in I would like to go to that rally BUT oop,s I better not because xxxxxx will be there , so beware of what come,s out of your thoughts and into forum space ,cos you can't take it back once it's out.
I have watched spats between peeps on other forums ,AND when you meet the said peeps in meatspace they are usually quite normal decent types ( well normal in a bike rally kind of way (thumbs) )
I've just spent 5 days trying to get my friends wife to call me a c**t because it's the only swear word she doesn't use and she managed to stop herself in the face of some very serious provocation. I don't mind anyone calling me names because in the end it's only words on a screen and not an appointment with the hangman but it's important to be able to take it as well as dish it out.

As for the friends wife, she did use some seriously bad language after I ran down the stairs from the 4th floor of the building we were all sharing an apartment in and pressed the button to stop the lift on every floor. My own wife used the C word because she was in the lift at the same time :)
boatman

Post by boatman »

AndyB wrote:
boatman wrote:Best policy is

I've just spent 5 days trying to get my friends wife to call me a c**t because it's the only swear word she doesn't use and she managed to stop herself in the face of some very serious provocation. I don't mind anyone calling me names because in the end it's only words on a screen and not an appointment with the hangman but it's important to be able to take it as well as dish it out.

As for the friends wife, she did use some seriously bad language after I ran down the stairs from the 4th floor of the building we were all sharing an apartment in and pressed the button to stop the lift on every floor. My own wife used the C word because she was in the lift at the same time :)
Each to their own I suppose, we all entertain ourselves in different ways (thumbs)

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”