Travel partner notice board

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Boo Cock

Travel partner notice board

Post by Boo Cock »

Is there anywhere on this site that has a notice board for travel partners? There are many riders out there who want to go places but never do because they just can't be arseed. There are also others who can be arsed, but, only if they are kickstarted into doing so. And there are others who have just not got the knowhow.
So, why is there not a page for riders looking for mates to ride with? Is this possible,viable or just wantable? Is there someone in computerland who can make this happen. Not me, I am an idiot. :silly: These intermesh things confuse me too easily. Anyone got any suggestions?
Irondonkey

Re: Travel partner notice board

Post by Irondonkey »

What he said ^^^ :blink:
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

If you are talking about local rideouts etc ..

Then best place to start would be your local ABR group .
This is a section on the *forum* where you can give a shout out to *local* ABR's

Looking for a rideout , away for the weekend etc etc ..

Just look for your group closest to where you are located ..
Scan down the main forum index the regonial group section is near the bottom .. or
http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... roups.html

Finding your local group , just post up what you want , meet etc .. and members in your area will know roughly where you are (as you have posted in your regional group thread) .

And hopefully someone in your area will answer back ..

Good Luck LWR

edit : Of course if you live in Scotland then there is only one group *Scotland* ..
Yeah well its a big place , so posting in this group you may well want to make your subject line with rough area .. E.G

"LWR planning a Rideout in Aberdeenshire"
"Glasgow ABR's , anyone for a rideout"

Etc etc B)

p.s.
On the website there is also a *Group* feature , which has other groups you can join
Group can be found in the main tab bar .. *Members* / *Groups* http://www.adventurebikerider.com/hello/groups.html

;)
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Planning a rideout or meet .. ! or Need a riding partner for that big trip . !

Post your idea / request in the *Meets & Runs* section of the forum
Elle

Post by Elle »

For trips beyond your local region, it's a good suggestion, there's one on the Horizon's forum.
I have only once made plans to travel (to Austria) with someone I didn't know. I'd be reluctant to do it again. By the time I'd spent 3 hours on the ferry with the other person I knew it wouldn't work. One day later, I suggested we rode independently.

So my top tip would be:
Have an exit plan - be open and honest so that it works both ways & agree you don't have to give a reason (people can take things personally no matter how nice you are about it).
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

Sounds as if you lucked out. I wonder if Mel Gibson was warned about you beforehand. :blush: It's a shame it did't work for you, but I have known and experienced these type of trips before. Some good, others brilliant.
You make a very good point of the "exit plan", as I've known very good friends go on a trip togeather, only to be at one anothers throat at the end of the first days ride. Some pecautions would need to be taken, but life is seldom like the films on TV with nutters and psychotic murderers. The chances are they are more likely to be vegan anarchists who insist on going train spotting and ride a Honda. Put your hands up please!
Loonies aside, it seems like a good idea to me and could open up a barrel of fun for all who take part. If not, it would certainly give you something to laugh about in the pub when you get home. :whistle:
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

I rode once with a forum member, we had met a few times for coffee/beer but never rode together, 3 days in & 3000miles later it didn't work, looking back I know it was my fault.

Never seen the guy again to try and have a laugh about it. shame.

So who will join me through the Stans
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Elle

Post by Elle »

Boo Cock wrote:Sounds as if you lucked out. I wonder if Mel Gibson was warned about you beforehand. :blush: It's a shame it did't work for you...
LOL :laugh:
The error I made was to only meet the guy once before we got the ferry. He was married and many years my senior. In theory it sounded fine.
He annoyed me before we boarded the ferry at Hull! It went downhill from there.
Had the guy been George Clooney, I may have made a few concessions but if George was an equally arrogant & irritating idiot, I would have left him in Ostend too! :woohoo:

With friends, especially if you've known each other for a while, you would hopefully resolve differences or agree to disagree.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

Sounds like a good idea if you don"t like them, at the next set of lights turn left easy
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

This may be of interest but not if you're looking for a day out in the UK....
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/t ... ravellers/
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”