WTF is this in my messages

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
Simon_100

Re: WTF is this in my messages

Post by Simon_100 »

Dammit, I'll have to settle for ten thousand Russian babes who are just dying to meet me! (thumbs)

BTW I'd prefer a Happy Clappy to a Clappy Happy anyday! :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Okay ive had a real shit day with assholes abound....anyway who the fuck is anot1 ? Ive had 2 private message in quite depth and long ...if its a spamer ...why do they target a pm message as nothing to gain surely apart from pissing folks off...maybe they originate from the same...ex member..

Either way its not right..
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I've noticed in the url address bar when i bring up this forum, it says 'not secure'...
I'm sure this is a recent thing, as i've not noticed it before.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

we have had a spate of bogus calls telling us our line speed is slow from ee, but when i called ee they said not one of theres, but these guys rang back and left a number which i forwarded on to ee to check.
getting a lot of these type calls,

what is swishing and i dont mean pulling the curtains back

steve
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

By eck, you are a suspicious lot. Has it not occurred to you that as well as losing out on the opportunity to get a new boiler / free home insulation / lower energy costs for life, you may also be missing out on some gilt edged investments in immerging /Asian and African markets. Having been called and spoken at length with one or two of the individuals offering to fix my computer for free, I must admit to being a complete idiot at my lack of understanding of their instruction given and can only apologize for my lack of understanding, poor hearing or bad telephone line causing them so much frustration and distress. So much so that calls often end up with no worthwhile conclusion and my laptop being in exactly the same state it was prior to their offer of assistance. As for the offers of a new boiler, these conversation tend to go on for quite some time with lots of generous incentives being offered. for some reason once any mention is made of having installed an entire new system and combi boiler a few years ago, they would typically and quite rudely just hang up the phone, leaving me with no option of updating my boiler. I am however considering an offer to invest in a Nigerian semi official oil refining enterprise. I have done some basic research and although there are obviously some risk aspects, I'm sure that the guy I am talking to is a very straight forward business man with good contacts within this niche sector. http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gener ... Month.html
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

What a few of you have missed is that a number of people are reporting suspicious spam like emails coming through to them on the "Private Message" aspect of this forum.

Personally I find this unacceptable no member on here should receive these unsolicited and no member should be sending them.

there seems to a lack of security with in the site and should be addressed by the powers that be ASAP. especially as many of us use Paypal for our subs.
bowber

Post by bowber »

I think the site needs to look at changing over to https and my personal details are only available to members but that's probably too much info available for no reason.
Most of these things are information gathering to target scams and tie usernames to real people/contact details etc. It's all becoming far more sophisticated now and I'm not sure you can do much about it unless you're new to the internet and haven't left much of footprint.
One bit of advise we all need to be taking notice of is using a good password, nothing less than 10 characters some randomness, bizarrely password rules have been shown to reduce the effectiveness of a password as the brute force cracking software has a set of rules to reduce the variables.

Steve
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

I have checked my messages, just one stands out as 'to good to be true' from someone called PhilinFrance, he claims for not a lot of your English pound, you can get, great ridding, great food, great company, full workshop facilities, idyllic setting, outdoor pool, fantastically fitted out self contained flatlet with on-suit and beer and wine (thumbs)
Well I've decided to go and try for myself ( again ) :laugh: (thumbs)
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

You do know post Brexit prices will rise as the Euro v Pound value changes so best go now before he finds out (thumbs) :laugh:
herman

Post by herman »

Stewie wrote:I have checked my messages, just one stands out as 'to good to be true' from someone called PhilinFrance, he claims for not a lot of your English pound, you can get, great ridding, great food, great company, full workshop facilities, idyllic setting, outdoor pool, fantastically fitted out self contained flatlet with on-suit and beer and wine (thumbs)
Well I've decided to go and try for myself ( again ) :laugh: (thumbs)
I fell for that one too...what a mug I am.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”