Private messages

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
Treadtrader

Re: Private messages

Post by Treadtrader »

A pm generates an email.
I probably receive more pm's than most, never miss one.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It's easy enough to do. Just go to your profile settings, click the tab labeled privacy settings then click the option to receive email notifications.

edit: can a mod move this to where it belongs please. I might be able to set up things to receive notifications but replying in the correct place is beyond me :pinch:
kito

Post by kito »

You guys just reminded me to go to look at my emails. 190 unread messages in my inbox. Haha I guess I check that even less than my PM on forums . Let's face it forums are more interesting than emails
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

AndyB wrote:It's easy enough to do. Just go to your profile settings, click the tab labeled privacy settings then click the option to receive email notifications.

edit: can a mod move this to where it belongs please. I might be able to set up things to receive notifications but replying in the correct place is beyond me :pinch:
But then don't you get notification every time someone replies to a thread?

I'm sure I switched that off because I couldn't cope with the spam.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

Ralph said "But then don't you get notification every time someone replies to a thread?"
I think that happens when you subscribe to a thread.
Not all those wandering are lost
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

-Ralph- wrote:

It's not spam.
If you subscribe to a thread or topic the system generates an email when a new post is made.

Switch it back on, if you get a lot of emails I can check your subscription list in admin.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

-Ralph- wrote:
AndyB wrote:It's easy enough to do. Just go to your profile settings, click the tab labeled privacy settings then click the option to receive email notifications.

No, all it does is get you an email notification when you're sent a private message. You only get notifications about replies to threads if you tick that box.

I don't get any notifications about messages in topics I've replied to but I always get notifications about private messages and because my phone updates emails every 10 minutes I see those notifications the next time I unlock my phone.

Honestly, once you set it up it works very well (thumbs)
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is a screenshot of my privacy settings. Where is the option to receive email notifications for PMs?

Avion100

Post by Avion100 »

I can't find the option to receive email notifications for PMs either.
Will

Post by Will »

I don't get pm notifications or notifications of any replys either stopped working 2 months ago :whistle:
Bsa A10

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”