G.P.S. Waypoint How to Share

fw750x

G.P.S. Waypoint How to Share

Post by fw750x »

Hello everyone i have searched youtube to try and work out how to Share a Waypoint. I know how to make it in Basecamp and Know How to make it on the G.P.S. But i am Stumped on how to Share it. I want to put 2 Waypoints onto Facebook Posts that i have put up. Is there a Simple Straight forward way to do this . Any Pointers would be Great Cheers Francis
simonw

Re: G.P.S. Waypoint How to Share

Post by simonw »

What 3 Words is an easy way to share a location. https://what3words.com/
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Create a gpx file then it can be shared
poldark

Post by poldark »

.gpx is an easy option that our riding group use to share planned rides/locations.

I use the free android satnav app OsmAnd and whoever creates the ride route simply sends the .gpx file on WhatsApp.

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

bikenav

Post by bikenav »

create your point in basecamp as you know how then select your relevant list for that waypoint in your collection, then click file(top left), then export to a file of your choosing, you should then be able to send that as an attachement. hope that makes sense thats how I done the one below anyway if you get stuck let me we will try and sort it, I am a fan of basecamp myself but there are probably easier ways elswhere.
xxxxxxx1.gpx
(252.66 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
on that gpx file example you will see a track, a route, and also a waypoint.
markoh

Post by markoh »

What three words
fw750x

Post by fw750x »

Hello again Everyone I Have Tried all the Suggestions You Gave me and the Only One that i Can get to work was Posted by Bikenav , I am not a Computer Expert by any stretch of the Imagination and usually Can Manage to work it out either Myself or after watching a Youtube Video . This has been driving me Nuts since Sunday , Everytime i thought i had cracked it the file would not appear or could not be read or was corrupt .So Once again Thank You So Much a Fantastic Forum with so Many Helpful Members on it Cheers Francis
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

glad to help I am far from expert but seem to be able to make it work for myself most of the time anyway so anything else and I will happily try.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”