Garmin repair times

Oop North John

Re: Garmin repair times

Post by Oop North John »

In my last return Garmin UK asked me to send the battery. So I sent them an old one :lol:
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Well their appointed courier got the parcel today on a 24hr service. Let's see how quickly they get it back to me.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Garmin Iberia seem to be the fastest thing in Spain, posted the Montana on Thursday, received Friday (but they only work half day on Friday and are closed Saturday and Sunday), repaired and dispatched Monday, delivered today.
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

That's a good turn around, but (in the UK anyway) they don't repair them, rather give you a replacement, reconditioned unit.

Hope you got a new battery :D
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

after checking the serial number, i have received a different unit, complete with new battery, charger, cables etc. Does this mean this unit also carries a 12 month warranty?
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

AlanHolt wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:57 pm after checking the serial number, i have received a different unit, complete with new battery, charger, cables etc. Does this mean this unit also carries a 12 month warranty?
Ones from Garmin UK that are NOH (Newly over hauled) ie received by Garmin and checked over by them come with a 90 days warranty. That was explained to me on one of the emails I received about returning the GPS.

I've got Bluetooth issues and am on my third one, so am building up a nice store of mounts and cables, as I've been sending back just the unit, and like you, getting the complete set up.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”