Garmin repair times

AlanHolt

Garmin repair times

Post by AlanHolt »

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on how long it generally takes Garmin to return a repaired device?
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
zimtim

Re: Garmin repair times

Post by zimtim »

Mine didnt take long at all only about 2weeks.
Mine was done under a warranty but others have sent of older units for a replacement refurbished unit think if memory recall is correct was about £90 all in.
I believe that PIF recently went with this option, there again my memory may be playing tricks.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Mine is still under warranty, so should be a free repair. The Spanish postal system can be a nightmare in itself, it takes anything from 5 days to 2 weeks to get anything from the UK to Spain.
biker

Post by biker »

AlanHolt wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am Mine is still under warranty, so should be a free repair. The Spanish postal system can be a nightmare in itself, it takes anything from 5 days to 2 weeks to get anything from the UK to Spain.
2 weeks is quick for Spain, I had to wait almost 2 months to receive something from UK.
I AM THAT I AM
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

AlanHolt wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am Mine is still under warranty, so should be a free repair. The Spanish postal system can be a nightmare in itself, it takes anything from 5 days to 2 weeks to get anything from the UK to Spain.
what about a courier DHL, or someone like that, my experience is that they are almost as cheap and far more reliable.
i use this site for the stuff i sell
https://www.parcel2go.com/campaign/dpd- ... OiEALw_wcB
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The problem is with me living in rural Spain. Couriers won't deliver to the farm as farms here don't have addresses and every property within a towns catchment all share the same postcode. Some (we have a great DHL driver here) couriers will ring and meet me at a supermarket or petrol station to hand over the parcel, others like MRW just leave it in the depot an hour away and expect you to go and get it. We rent a mail box in town for letters etc., but couriers won't deliver to it.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Garmin UK use UPS and deliver only to your home address usually, so if no-ones at home I have to go down to Dundee, from Aberdeenshire. Unless they agree to deliver it to my work address. And the UPS site gives a delivery date, that may, or may not bear any resemblance to the actual delivery date :?
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Less than 2 weeks to here in France, a brilliant service and all for if I
recall right... £118...superb.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Their email says to send the device without any cables, SD card etc, but it doesn't mention the battery. As batteries are now restricted items, i'm guessing I need to hang on to mine and just send them the device?
~ACP~

Post by ~ACP~ »

Yes. Keep the battery. You'll get a new one back in the return unit as a bonus 8-)

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”