Can't get routes onto Garmin!!!

ChrisMumby

Can't get routes onto Garmin!!!

Post by ChrisMumby »

Hi - can anyone help me please. I'm trying to get routes from ABR onto my Garmin. They appear in the GPX folder on my Mac for my garmin 590 but do not appear as imports on the device. They are also shown on Basecamp and when i send to device it says they've gone but they don't appear. I'm getting really frustrated.

Thanks in advance.
Oop North John

Re: Can't get routes onto Garmin!!!

Post by Oop North John »

I've got a 595 so assume it'll be the same. So, have you switched on your 590, gone into trip planner, and tried the import routes option?
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Are you looking in
Routes or in tracks.
It will depend on who ever created the .gpx file wether they saved it as a route or track.

Subsequently they will be saved in different folders on your Garmin.
:ugeek:
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

If it has the same import system as my 390, try just importing the new route on your device even though it doesn't show it and it may find it. I now never send directly to the device because it can hide the file deep in the folder structure and it's a bugger to find. A couple of times I kept deleting a series of routes but they kept cropping up when I imported new routes. Eventually I went into the folders via my computer and found and deleted them; once in favourites and another time I can't remember where.

Now I always send to the memory card on the device and import from there.
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Give the people at Garmin a ring. I was having trouble with my Montana importing a GPX from my phone and they talked me through it.
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”