Any one use Tomtom rider sat nav?

herman

Re: Any one use Tomtom rider sat nav?

Post by herman »

Or put the car one in a waterproof case. ImageDSC00333 by herman munster, on Flickr
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
bowber

Post by bowber »

chrisjk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am Use the TomTom app. On Android it's just like the Rider 450 satnav. On IOS it lacks the saved preplanned routes option which is a shame however a cheap rugged Android phone can be had for less than £100 and makes an excellent nav device.
This is what we do, in fact I think it was a post by you that steered me toward it.

Steve
simonw

Post by simonw »

Africa John wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:50 am..If you plan a detailed route and then when travelling miss a way point it will try to get you back to the missed way point. So you have to delete the way points to where you are then you can carry on....
I think how it behaves is dependent on whether you're following a route or a track (that's the bit I can never remember!).
ColKay

Post by ColKay »

OK so i bought the Rider 450 and on the face of it... i really like it BUT i cant get it to talk to my sena smh5 headset. It does say on the tomtom site that they are compatible. I have followed the instructions to sync but it just does not recognise the headset. I have pluged the device in to "myconnect" and updated the maps / device. i have also tried the factory reset and also the soft boot and still hee haw!! any ideas what to try next?
Be careful, if you cant be careful be lucky!! :D :D :D

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”