Newbie...can't find advertised GPS Rooutes?

Twamm

Newbie...can't find advertised GPS Rooutes?

Post by Twamm »

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and trying to download the 'Peak District Discovery Route' from the current edition of ABR (44). I am choosing the recommended link www.bit.ly/ABRroutesEng then entering the thread title as above - but drawing a complete blank?

Any ideas on whether I am missing something here?

Thanks in anticipation

Paul
zimtim

Re: Newbie...can't find advertised GPS Rooutes?

Post by zimtim »

the latest route always seems to take a while to be uploaded to the site
be patient the admins are probably still recovering from their hoolie last week. :oops: :oops:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Paul,

The latest edition of any magazine may not always offer it's current contents until the subsequent issue becomes available. Perhaps if you subscribe for online issues it may be different, I do not know.

Neither do I know what type of ride you are looking for or the type of bike that you intend to ride but I have put a number of trail rides around the Peak District up on ViewRanger and you can download them for free. Just type my name into the search box and the system should find my various offerings from which you may choose. Most are for trail bikes and not adventure style although depending upon your experience they may still be suitable.

Other Members Post dates for rides on here so keep an eye out to join one of them.

Please bear in mind that many of the Peak District UCRs and BOATs are very wet at the moment although all but only one has a Voluntary Restraint request on it.

TTFN

Hugh.
PDiddy

Post by PDiddy »

Looking at the map detail provided within the magazine, you could plot this out yourself??
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Twamm wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:48 am Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and trying to download the 'Peak District Discovery Route' from the current edition of ABR (44). I am choosing the recommended link www.bit.ly/ABRroutesEng then entering the thread title as above - but drawing a complete blank?

Any ideas on whether I am missing something here?

Thanks in anticipation

Paul
Hey Paul, sorry for the delay! The route is now available from here: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=45491&p=606064#p606064

Enjoy the ride!
AndyJB

Post by AndyJB »

Hi Bryn,

What about the Dorset Discovery Route referred to in the latest edition? I also can’t find the route from north Bristol into South Wales. Am I just not looking in the right place? Is there more than one location for maps?

Thanks

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”