Tom Tom 450 rider

adventure steele

Tom Tom 450 rider

Post by adventure steele »

Anyone using one was gonna put my Nav 5 onto the V-strom but fancying a change :)
Thanks in advance,
anthony29040

Re: Tom Tom 450 rider

Post by anthony29040 »

i know someone selling a 410 its about 2-3 months old with world maping think he wants about £200 for it
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

A belated reply!

The TomTom 450 has the same interface and capabilities as the Android app (not the IOS app which is brain damaged). A one year sub to the necessary companion website is about £14 so you could get a very good feel for the merits or otherwise of owning a TomTom device.

I rate the app highly and it is my most used navigation aid for road riding. The interface is clear, you get speed cameras and traffic and nice touches like your average speed through an average speed controlled zone.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Well after 2 months of using a rugged smartphone , Blackview BV6000s, and the Tomtom go app I think I can safely say that I'll not be bothering with a bike GPS. It lasts for well over 8 hrs of continues navigation on it's own battery, the Tomtom app is great for both normal routing and I've found the windy roads option to be very good. We used the windy roads routing to get us from the Eiffel region in Germany to the Black Forest over 2 days and it took us reliably via some of the most interesting roads possible, even ended up on an unsurfaced road through a forest at one point.
We tried it in our local area first and it found us route's we'd not considered ourselves so we then used it on a weekend trip into the Scottish borders and again we found ourselves on roads we'd normally not consider due to the amount of junctions etc. I must add that both me and my wife prefer little back roads with a few faster sections thrown in to add variety and any gps can give you the fastest route so the windy roads option is great.
Going to be trying it with the TET route this winter so I guess that'll be a learning curve with another new app to learn.

Steve

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”