Motorcycle sat nav

Simon_100

Re: Motorcycle sat nav

Post by Simon_100 »

DaveCon wrote: ...The clincher for me was the growing need to use glasses for reading but not for riding - they don't make bifocal visors as far as I know! ...
My Arai helmet's visor has, although no doubt unintentional, the peripheral parts of the visor clearly magnify, so when I fumble to put the side stand down I have an attack of vertigo! (thumbs)
DaveCon wrote:As to off-road in Morocco I don't know.
Something that may be so obvious no-one has mentioned it; satnavs are only as good as the maps they contain. For Morocco the received wisdom is the OpenStreet maps, which are free, whereas for trails you usually want Top maps, which can be expensive - I said 'can' advisedly ... :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
exrm193

Post by exrm193 »

Garmin all the way.....Use Basecamp to plan routes.....view road surfaces on Google Earth....So handy.

ScreenShot2017-03-07at11.44.26.jpg
ScreenShot2017-03-07at11.44.26.jpg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Im suprised TomTom have stuck to on-road mapping given the recent trend over the last few years for off road adventure they could make new inroads into the market.
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

I have had a Garmin zumo 220 bike sat nav for a long time which has been brilliant for on road bike navigation and is a doddle to use.
I also have a Garmin GPS 62 for 'off road' and tracks use - it will also do on road navigation the same as the zumo 220 but the screen is a tad small for daily road use.

seriously contemplating on getting a Garmin Montana 600 series which seems to me to do the work of both of the above
When nothing is going right - go left
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Andi_Archer wrote:Im suprised TomTom have stuck to on-road mapping given the recent trend over the last few years for off road adventure they could make new inroads into the market.
Oooh! (thumbs)

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”