Garmin Montana 600 - Loading GPX files

Andy17

Garmin Montana 600 - Loading GPX files

Post by Andy17 »

Hi everybody, I have recorded some routes using my viewranger account on my phone. For some odd reason I can load the GPX file using Basecamp on my Garmin Montana 600 but appears to say "Only 50 points can be used for follow road navigation"? Meaning I can't follow the route I have recorded on my phone :angry:

Can anybody help?
KtmRy

Re: Garmin Montana 600 - Loading GPX files

Post by KtmRy »

It sounds like your trying to load it as a route from a track you have recorded which won't work because the gps will only allow 50 points for a route and recorded tracks have hundreds, if you need it as a route then just draw a new one over the track you have recorded by clicking new route and then first click at the start then follow the track with clicks/pins/waypoints along your recorded track bearing in mind your only allowed 50, with the montana your best off doing big routes in 150-200 mile sections (thumbs)

hope that helps if not giz a shout
Mike54

Re: Garmin Montana 600 - Loading GPX files

Post by Mike54 »

In basecamp, highlight the track you have downloaded/imported. if its a track there will be a set of small footprints next to it. Hit ctrl and click with your mouse (thats for a mac, I dont know the PC command but it's likely to be the same, or just right click on it and a sub menu pops up. choose "create route from track". Assuming you have as detailed a map or more detailed than the map on your phone, hey presto.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”