garmin 60 csx

ratass

garmin 60 csx

Post by ratass »

how good are the above,how much any one selling.
jon
special one

Re: garmin 60 csx

Post by special one »

I'm selling mine, I just don't use it these days, tbh I've never spent much time getting to know it, garmins aren't as easy to use as tomtoms.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Frog

Post by Frog »

Been using one for years.

Very rugged, screen a bit small compared to newer stuff, it takes a while to learn how to use all it's features. The only thing that frustrates me at times is that the routing options are very basic compared to newer stuff,as in you cant specify no motorways, or tolls, or avoid town centres etc for instance.

However the longer I have it the more I get out of it, used in combination with a decent map it does the job, but there are better units out there for pure motoring navigation.
WillS

Post by WillS »

Had one for many years, initially for walking in the mountains, but recently used it for a few off-road trips, twice to Morrocco. In May used it on the HISS Aragón week. Great bit of kit, I find it easy to use, very accurate, good screen but smaller than the newer models, also the memory is limited.
Just bought the Montana 650T, but will continue using the 60CsX as a great bit of kit.
Note: you need to get your head around Garmin Base Camp, and that's another story, but when you how it works it's really ok.
Good luck.

Will
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

special one wrote:I'm selling mine, I just don't use it these days, tbh I've never spent much time getting to know it, garmins aren't as easy to use as tomtoms.
What are you after for it and what do you have in the box? power lead, instructions, original box etc?

I'm interested in any surplus to requirements CSX units anyone may have, PM is fine.
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

I've got a a csx as well and I rate it highly. I use it for riding tracks and looking for tracks.
Door to door every day navigation is a royal pain in the backside due to not having a touchscreen.
I use a Zumo for that (which is pretty useless for riding tracks if you use Garmin City Navigator maps)
I use Garmin maps on the Zumo as I got a lifetime map update with it and I use OpenStreetMaps on the CSX with Mapsource as I'm still breaking me old head over Basecamp.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”