Garmin Zumo 660 - manage trip log

boboneleg

Garmin Zumo 660 - manage trip log

Post by boboneleg »

I have a Zumo 660 and want to save my trip logs as a route. Every time I try to do that now I get an 'insufficient memory' notice so it won't save the route.

I only have about 20 routes in there but it won't save anymore. Can you save trip logs as routes to an sd card in the unit?

My old Zumo 400 seemed to save a lot more routes than 20?
one-legged adventurer
Bart1

Re: Garmin Zumo 660 - manage trip log

Post by Bart1 »

The 660 will only save 20 routes, can you use basecamp/mapsource to help.
More routes can be saved on a sd card in the zumo and then you can just import them as and when you need them.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Easiest safe fall back plan is a old samsung netbook with any gpx routes and tracks saved too it..as long as its windows based and has mapsource installed..

Custom routes can be done at night and days route log downloaded...just use ig for a few hours and battery lasts...

Its what i do also with wifi for emergency posts in bars...

Android wont work as it dont support mapsource or has usb connect...around 50 quid on ebay solid too..
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

I do a similar thing, bought a second hand netbook off ebay ( Dell ) but it is a solid state one so no hard drive to damage. It has survived several trips so far and is fast becoming one of the buys that you use a lot and brilliant value.

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”