which bluetooth gadget?

Elle

which bluetooth gadget?

Post by Elle »

Using my car satnav on the bike, I usually plug in standard headphones but making them stay in place was a faff. Someone loaned me a headset but it wouldn't attach to my Schuberth. So I resorted to just following screen instructions.

Last weekend, I purchased a s/h Garmin Zumo 660 & I'd like a Bluetooth gadget that fits my helmet.

Any recommendations? & can they be charged 'on the go'?
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
PaulinBont

Re: which bluetooth gadget?

Post by PaulinBont »

Will the Schuberth SRC fit?
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

I have an Intephone F4 on mine and it's brilliant. It does however need a new mic at the moment as it's been over-used :)

The F5 is out now and it includes an FM radio which is nice.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XUK-F5MC-Sing ... 46288b1ff1

Battery on my F4 with constant music is 8 hours. To charge it you need to plug it in, so you can't use it and charge it at the same time. You can buy USB chargers and what if it ever went flat while I was out and about I would just pop it off the helmet and pop it in the tank bag on a USB charger. Otherwise I'd just charge it overnight. Really good piece of kit and comes with mic setups for full face and flip helmets.
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

Hi Elle hope the plans for NZ are going well.
Ref Bluetooth Helmet Headsets, my son and I have invested in Sena SMH10 sets. These can be charged in use from a 12v supply on the bike. They do tho have a long in use time so I've personally not needed to charge mine whilst riding. I can recommend the quality and with the bluetooth comes other bits like ability to put in unto 3 'Quick dials' for your phone extending the range for inter bike contact from the relatively short 900m to the length and breadth of UK using a phone connection, Used this a few times when travelling. Also get up to 4 way Bike to bike conference intercom. Not sure on whether it fits your helmet but it is a universal fit.
My son informs me that Schuberth do their own. Not sure if this can charge in service.
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

Forgot I was recommended the Sena by Will&Kate :)
viince

Post by viince »

+1 on Sena SMH10

works well with a 550 so must work well with 660

now got a 590lm works well with that also

cheers vince
What if the hokey cokey is what it's all about
efayce191

Post by efayce191 »

Plus 1 on Sena SMH10, they also do a kit so you can use your own ear buds and you dont have to use the boom mic.
BigBashBonanza

Post by BigBashBonanza »

+1 for Sena.
Easy to fit, easy to use, great connection, clear speakers, firmware updates, long battery life and cheaper than most other systems.
Look Large, Be Massive

Follow the Sapper
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

BigBashBonanza wrote:+1 for Sena.
Easy to fit, easy to use, great connection, clear speakers, firmware updates, long battery life and cheaper than most other systems.
Also with updated software the Sena is compatible with other bike Intercoms that have the Universal standard bluetooth connection.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Thanks for the recommendations for the Sena SMH10, I'd never heard of it & no one has yet mentioned Scala! Interphone was on my review list.
Old Geezer wrote:Ref Bluetooth Helmet Headsets, my son and I have invested in Sena SMH10 sets. These can be charged in use from a 12v supply on the bike. They do tho have a long in use time so I've personally not needed to charge mine whilst riding.
A blonde question :blush: :
- if I'm riding a bike with a 6V battery, can I charge these gadgets?
I assumed it depends on their voltage requirements rather than the battery output. So if I'm only charging 1 gadget at 1 time, all should be well? I'm fairly sure my Serow friends charge their stuff ok.
When I go travelling in NZ (assuming I don't get a job in the first month!), I will be on a 250cc bike and mostly camping in DOC sites to save cash - most are very basic and won't have electric.

Fitting the Schuberth isn't important, I have a helmet in NZ, I was a little concerned that these gadgets are fussy what they fit.
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”