Garmin City Nav EU 2015.20 mapping update

Scott_rider

Re: Garmin City Nav EU 2015.20 mapping update

Post by Scott_rider »

GB wrote:Hello Scott

I depends how you originally purchased city nav, was it as a download, DVD or sd card?
I bought it second hand on here, it's been great, I think it may have been on a micro sim card but I'm not too sure. I've either mislaid the sim card when I was faffing around with the Garmin at the side of the road or it's an error with the maps stored on the Garmin itself. I've put another thread up on here with the full story...
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

If the maps were on the SD card.and that was how they were sold then loosing the card = lost the maps.

If they were a download, which was then put onto the card then one of the Garmin programmes whould be able to load them onto another card, eg Basecamp / Mapinstaller etc.
GB

Garmin City Nav EU 2015.20 mapping update

Post by GB »

Oh dear Scott, what John said sums it up really.
Finally back on a GS :D
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I need more help :) , I've reloaded the maps onto the Garmin itself but when I go to map settings in the device they don't show up ? I know they are on the Garmin because when I connect it to my PC I can see them on the device. As a fail safe, I also put them into the Garmin on an SD card and they still don't show up :( .

Has anyone got any ideas? Is there a basic setting that I'm not ticking...or I have a feeling the device might not be reading from it's own memory due to a software issue?

Thanks guys.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Go into 'Map Info', make sure your maps are ticked?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

When I go into 'Map Info' on the Garmin it doesn't show the maps that I have loaded into it's memory, or give an option to tick or untick any maps whatsoever. All it shows is a map which doesn't have 'routable roads' on it, so I think it's the basic map for gps work only that probably came with the device when it was new.

But when I go onto the PC and connect the Garmin, I can see the road map files are definitely on the device. I know they are because the file sizes correspond exactly with the file sizes of the maps I loaded.

So, I'm assuming the Garmin is having trouble reading from it's own memory...or am I talking codswallop...? :huh:
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

CN EU 2015.20 has now disappeared when I connect the Montana to garmin Express :angry:

Seems I'm not the only one:

http://garminmontanagpsr.wikispaces.com ... w/69104776

though I suspect that it's Garmin ability to update software rather than the Montan becoming obsolete, especially as it's still on their site to buy.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Downloading CN EU 2015.20 for my Montana now. I was on the phone to the Garmin support desk and after a few removing the Montana from Express and reaquiring it, Express decided it would show the update that I should be able to download. Mymaps, in myGarmin showed the CN EU 2015.20 update as avaialable to me.
davsato

Post by davsato »

And its massive too, I had to buy a micro SD card to put in my unit to cope with this update, I've never had to before
Dave
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Scott..
Check the file type..ie
Img= image file recognisable on basecamp..
Bmp= garmin basemap recognisable on garmins only not basecamp..

Also.garmin have another file type thats recognisable on both..just change the file type ending..you can only have one of each on a garmin except the montana which can use multi files..

Use sd card as.img and garmin memory as bmap...

Return to “About GPS and GPS routes”