Moscar Cross Road, Sheffield.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Moscar Cross Road, Sheffield.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings and Happy New Year folks,

The following text is copied from an email opened yesterday regarding Moscar Cross Road Byway;

"To all with an interest in the Moscar Cross Road Byway:(landowners, council colleagues, police, National Park Authority colleagues, path user groups, Sheffield Local Access Forum)Please note that a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) will be put in place on the route ASAP to prohibit all traffic (excluding adjacent landowners for access). This is to allow us to safely repair the route whilst keeping all members of the public safe.The TTRO will be lifted as soon as repair works are complete. If the TTRO is breached, please report this to me via email and to the police using the details attached. The council has no powers to take action against any individual breaching the TTRO, those powers rest with the police, but the council will do all we can to keep the site secure whilst the TTRO is in place.It is important to note that this is a one-off short-term TTRO to allow us to safely repair the track and has no bearing on ongoing discussions around the possibility of a longer term TRO (Traffic Regulation Order) of any description. We have been monitoring the route since last winter collecting data to assist in the decision making around the potential length/duration of any kind of seasonal but permanent TRO.Regards Sam Mr Sam BeatonPrincipal Public Rights Of Way Officer Sheffield City Council".

You may know that parts of the routes in the immediate area suffer from severe water logging so may I request that the area is not used until the repairs are completed.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Re: Moscar Cross Road, Sheffield.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

This morning I sent an email to SCC and by mid afternoon they had kindly sent me a copy of the TTRO plus the map. TTFN Hugh.
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 16.18.17.png
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 16.18.17.png (279.04 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 18.20.49.png
Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 18.20.49.png (94.99 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
IanB

Re: Moscar Cross Road, Sheffield.

Post by IanB »

Good work Hugh.
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”