Landscape Review

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Landscape Review

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Thanks to everyone...!
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Thanks to everyone...!
See what happens….

We will either be successful or they’ll be a lot of bikes for sale
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

Or a lot of reg numberplates in the bin and money no longer spent on road tax, insurance etc...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

There is just about an hour and a half left if you have not yet completed the online response or sent your email to oppose the discriminatory proposal to give extra powers to the National Parks, leading the way to effectively ban all recreational motor access and sport in our countryside.

You still have time to complete the questionnaire or send an email;

[email protected]

TTFN
Hugh.

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/future-lan ... mU9N24atuA
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Hugh wrote:Greetings,

There is just about an hour and a half left if you have not yet completed the online response or sent your email to oppose the discriminatory proposal to give extra powers to the National Parks, leading the way to effectively ban all recreational motor access and sport in our countryside.

You still have time to complete the questionnaire or send an email;

[email protected]

TTFN
Hugh.

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/future-lan ... mU9N24atuA
Hugh
What about motorcycle sport like Trials and LDT, will that be banned or need special permits with Planning Permission?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Richard Simpson Mark II

My trials club has taken the view that it's a threat to LDTs.
A number of objections have been made in the light of that, including one by the village hall committee...the village hall does well out of hosting lunch for competitors during the Tamar Trial.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

First may I say a big thank you to everybody who supported the requests to complete the 'review' either by email or online. I guess that we just have to wait now :roll:

In answer to Johnny's question I remain very concerned about the possible negative effects upon all motor sport activities that a loss of this review might trigger. I tire of hearing the so called 'Authorities' spouting the same rhetoric about our vehicle lights damaging the "dark skies" but yet they do nothing about the exterior lights blazing away outside of buildings; exhaust noise damaging the "peace and tranquility" of the countryside plus that our exhaust gases pollute the atmosphere although forgetting that most ramblers/climbers/mountain bikes and not forgetting horses boxes being towed all use vehicles to access those areas of "special qualities" :twisted:

I was out riding today around Castleton and I was amazed at the shear numbers of parked cars and kerbside litter. The fly tipping that I reported a couple of weeks ago is still in situ around Pindale. Perhaps if we could see improvements to mass public transport for visitor access and a cleaning of the environment then we might see an improvement in the countryside. The few (7) trail bikes that I saw on BOATS & UCRs will have had no measurable impact what so ever. Twice on Dirtlow Rake I was asked by ramblers how they could get back to Castleton where their cars were parked :shock:

Even if we dissuade DEFRA from currently introducing their discriminatory TROs, etc, they will return with yet another of Lord Black Adder's cunning plans. So, we are not out of the woods and we will have more of the same to come in the future.

Keep supporting LARA, GLASS, TRF, ACU, NMC etc as only by working together might we have some hope of enjoying our hobbies of motor sport in the future.

TTFN

Hugh.
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

Well said Hugh. I was out on Friday too and I didn't see a single other motorcycle on the trails. I just saw two walkers and two cyclists on the trails all afternoon. Good to be able to get out midweek too.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”