Another lane we are likely to lose

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Jak*

Another lane we are likely to lose

Post by Jak* »

I am fortunate that I have a green lane running at the back of my house, Summer Lane in Wirksworth. Yesterday I noticed there was a notice saying they want to turn it into a bridlepath. I have lived here nearly twelve years and although it doesn't get used by motorcyclists much, particularly since they stopped us using the one the other side of Wirksworth, they do occasionally use it and actually keep it clear for walkers to go down. Bizarrely it will in this cash strapped times cost a lot of (council taxpayers) money to make it suitable for horses and if it wasn't for bikers keeping it open the last few years they wouldn't even be considering it as it would be impassable by now. Its legal status has always been unclear. Allegedly it used to be the main road out of Wirksworth at one time. I have used it for the last twelve years and my old next door neighbour who moved in in 1970 said there have always been bikes using it. I tried to copy a picture of the notice on here but couldn't. The order is numbered TE/DEX4213/Order/2021
It would be great if they officially labelled it a BOAT, with a width restriction as you wouldn't get a 4x4 up it anyway.
It is getting to the point where there will be nowhere left to ride in the Peaks.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Another lane we are likely to lose

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It is getting to the point where there will be nowhere left to ride in the Peaks.

This is the stated objective of the National Park Authority and the assorted pressure groups that pull its strings, plus its friends at the BBC etc.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Not if I and my companions in PDVUG and GLASS can stop them :evil:

Locals fighting for local issues, we haven't given up on the UCRs but is an uphill struggle, we need User Evidence Forms to support the DMMOs started in the 1980s and which are only now being investigated :shock:

TTFN

Hugh.
richeyroo

Post by richeyroo »

I read on Advrider that petrol powered motorcycle sales are to be banned in the UK from 2035 to be replaced by electric.
There will be an interesting dilemma in the future where we have arguably "environmentally friendly" motorbikes that we will be prohibited from using in green lanes but sh*tting and p*ssing galloping 500kg horses will be fine to roam still
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

The PDNPA is adamant that electric motorcycles are unacceptable.
nigel256f

Post by nigel256f »

Think I need to join Glass .
I was a member of the TRF for 10 years and seemed like they had given up on the Peak District. I saw little evidence of any defense of lane closures. Spent more time on restricting the members rights to comment on the leaderships ineffectiveness.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Nigel and folks,

GLASS is trying to work with the local Highway Authority regarding Summer Lane, just as it is with many other Authorities over green lanes throughout England and Wales. Despite derogatory claims by some, GLASS is a national association and it tries to support where ever possible ALL users to have access to the countryside. It now has over 5K Members and many of them are motorcyclists.

https://www.glass-uk.org

Yet another pair of lanes are expected to come under attack very soon, Swan and Limers Rakes at Hollinsclough in the Peak District. These routes have been ridden and driven for as long as there have been motorcycles in the hands of the general public. Limers Rake has been used for many trials events in the past and for the Edinburgh Trial too.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/bemr ... QZT8cV0tnE

We are seeking evidence of motorised use of these two green lanes, which are currently recorded as UCRs, evidence such as photos, videos, route maps, club minutes referring to use of the Rakes and of course eventually User Evidence Forms too. When we have more information I will update you, especially to ask for completion of User Evidence Forms. It would be great if we could have folk to attend any future Public Inquiry to present their evidence but we can do that for you as I am sure that PDVUG and GLASS will fighting any talk of closure to all motorised users in particular.

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”