Hollinsclough, Staffordshire.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Hollinsclough, Staffordshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

You may have read elsewhere that Staffordshire CC is conducting a 'consultation' regarding Limers & Swann Rakes at Hollinsclough.

Please DO NOT respond to Staffs CC at the moment.

PDVUG and GLASS are working away in the background and I will get back to you asap.

Please pass this message on to our friends.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Hollinsclough, Staffordshire.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Shared on the UK KTM forum.

Someone asked what the TRF were doing???
:roll:
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Richard,

As we know to get an answer from the TRF the person must write to the Directors.

I will keep you all advised as soon as I know something that I can rely upon, until then please neither complete the Staff's questionnaire nor pass personal comment on any website.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Taking care not to coach anybody, so purely as guidance, I have just posted the following message onto the APTR website;

Over the past few days I have been asked by a number of motorised green lane users, not off-roaders, for guidance as to the completion of the consultation regarding the proposed repairs to Swan & Limers Rakes. The form should be completed personally, in full, noting that sections 1 through to 7 inclusive are mandatory but complete them all.

My advice is the need to bear in mind that this consultation is not about status change nor anything to do with Traffic Regulation Orders, it is simply about the condition to which the two routes should be repaired. I fully support the ideas of repairs, after years of neglect, but the combination of users of the roads should not solely be blamed for the current poor condition. The routes are public carriageways, but not major highways, so the standard of repairs should be appropriate to be sustainable for all legal users.

Various organisations will be responding on behalf of their Members, we are simply recording as an individual and as such that should be entered in the section marked ‘other.’. It is irrelevant that one may or may not be a Member of any organisation and so again our response should be recorded as an ‘individual’.

We motorcyclists respect and encourage all users to avail themselves of the countryside but for the future we are especially concerned for motorised access to be a priority.

How far one travels (post lock down) to visit the area is personal and related solely to the distance from one’s home to Hollinsclough, where we would welcome to meet and share with all other users.

I ask all motorised users to personally complete their form having regard solely to appropriate repairs;

https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... 9TT1YzUy4u

Stay safe.

TTFN

Hugh.
Last edited by Hugh on Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stebbelaner

Post by Stebbelaner »

Done👍
I look forward to riding these routes again one day,it's been too many years that they've been TRO'd
🤞
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Update is that the Consultation Report has been completed and it looks likely that SCC will try to classify Swan & Limers Rakes as non-motorised. I have read the report and it has a number of glaring factual errors in it.

Please could you look through your photos, magazines, maps, club ride reports, etc, and see if you can find evidence of motorised use, also could you find folks who will be prepared to submit User Evidence.

I have also found an insertion in the local paper informing us all that Joes Lane, which links onto the tarmac covered Hollinsclough Rake, is closed by a shared TRO with the other two Rakes.
Hollinsclough TRO Sept21.jpg
Hollinsclough TRO Sept21.jpg (187.18 KiB) Viewed 28090 times
TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings

I have just found out that Staffordshire CC have set up another consultation for applying a permanent TRO to Swan and Limers Rakes, at Hollinsclough.

May I suggest that we do not at present reply to the consultation but that we wait for further guidance, which I would hope to provide to you soon.

At the moment I can not find any substantial details as to why there is this second consultation nor any time frame, perhaps they did not like or get the expected anti motorist support that they wished for last time !!!!

TTFN
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Staffordshire CC has decided that it should come out of hiding and inform the public of it's intension to apply a permanent TRO to Swan & Limer Rakes, Hollinsclough. Joes Lane is also currently under a TRO but is not mentioned, Froidian slip or will SCC wait until it has seen how this act of treachery plays out :idea:

The consultation period does not start until 20th December 2023 and will remain open until 17th January 2024. Please DO NOT contact SCC at present but do collect your evidence of use.

This is a TRO so User Evidence Forms will not be required however we will need photographic type evidence of use over the years, historical and recent. I suspect that soon I will be asking for support in your simply writing to SCC Objecting to their proposal, the greater the volume of individual Objections the better.

Isn't it sweet that the map is called Swan Lake Rake, they must have Christmas in mind :lol:

Trailwise ref;
Limer SK0665-02
Swan SK0666-07
Joes SK0566-03
Statement of Reasons & Schedule.pdf
(75.39 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

TTFN
Hugh
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Was this on the route of this year's Edinburgh Trial, Hugh?

The village seemed to have a very positive view of trials competitors swapping money for tea and cakes!

Might be worth getting them on-side?
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Richard,

So far as I know the locals are, in the majority, perfectly happy for the Edinburgh Trial but were getting a little tired of those few idiots who abused the routes.

I think that part of the problem is that the cottage immediately at the bottom of the rakes has changed ownership and the new people are not happy with some of the enduro types who do a couple of return runs. However, most of us live next to roads and have to put up with vehicles, don't like traffic then don't buy a house next to a road! Simple!

The Edinburgh puts quite a lot of money into the local community plus there is a small 'honesty' farm shop selling cakes, tea, etc.which I think does a fair trade from passing riders during a normal weekend. I use it most of the times that I am in the area.

Limer in particular has been used since at least the 1930's. So was Washgates, which we still use for specific trials but only with PDNPA permission.

https://www.britishpathe.com/asset/44854/

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”