Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
User avatar
Godspeed
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 1604 times
Been thanked: 1274 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by Godspeed » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Gosh, that sounded preachy didn’t it.

Remind me of that when I lose my NHS job, a job with a dog collar may suit 😉
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda SH300 (too fast....)
Honda SH125 (Mini-Pad)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike) Honda Cub C90. (Enduro bike)

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
diggermanbob
Posts: 2000
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am
Has thanked: 618 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by diggermanbob » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:21 pm
Gosh, that sounded preachy didn’t it.

Remind me of that when I lose my NHS job, a job with a dog collar may suit 😉
I reckon a dog collar would suit you sir 😉

User avatar
Godspeed
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 1604 times
Been thanked: 1274 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by Godspeed » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm

That might work 😉
E78905C1-D902-473B-A7BE-B80357766707.jpeg
E78905C1-D902-473B-A7BE-B80357766707.jpeg (111.39 KiB) Viewed 329 times
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda SH300 (too fast....)
Honda SH125 (Mini-Pad)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike) Honda Cub C90. (Enduro bike)

MotoCP
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 586 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by MotoCP » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm
That might work 😉
It worked for me at a family murder mystery last year!
FA8B254B-9FD1-4E96-9725-9989B944887F.jpeg
FA8B254B-9FD1-4E96-9725-9989B944887F.jpeg (154.09 KiB) Viewed 320 times

dave h
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by dave h » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:36 pm

MotoCP wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 pm
Godspeed wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm
That might work 😉
It worked for me at a family murder mystery last year!

FA8B254B-9FD1-4E96-9725-9989B944887F.jpeg
ace

dibbs
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:42 pm
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by dibbs » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:08 am

Godspeed wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:08 pm
Tramp wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:05 pm
What a bunch of pussy call yourself adventure bikers... Yesterday I rode 450 miles over to Kent because it was sunny then back via the Sussex downs long way.. Wet and leaves on ground saw plenty of real bikers about.. Stopped for brews and had a laugh...

I think you should all sell your bikes... I'd of gone to France but the French customs wouldn't of let me in lol...
Really hoping that’s tongue in cheek.

My take is that Real bikers would be those who care about the elderly guys and girls who rode and had adventures even before we were born, and of course therefore are sensible enough to stay safe and protect them out of respect 👍

Just remember that while it’s ok to ride we should all still maintain distance, keep hands sanitised and look after others
Yes Godspeed knowing Russ (tramp) im sure it was !!! he knows what us soft Essex lads are like lol... However if the French wont let him in they must know a thing or two :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

dibbs
Posts: 897
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:42 pm
Location: Essex
Has thanked: 371 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by dibbs » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:09 am

MotoCP wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 pm
Godspeed wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm
That might work 😉
It worked for me at a family murder mystery last year!

FA8B254B-9FD1-4E96-9725-9989B944887F.jpeg
PMSL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's just how i remember you mate.....

byewayrider
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by byewayrider » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:09 pm

I've not stopped riding all year and won't... Exersice and. Mental wellbeing.... Seen far too many old folks in soft tops and being selfish so sod umm the country is more than the NHS.. Everyone contributes but don't tell the politicians.... We are a big cog turning with many parts...

If people feel they need to isolate or don't feel safe stop somewhere it's safe and let the rest of society carry on.
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider

User avatar
Godspeed
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 pm
Has thanked: 1604 times
Been thanked: 1274 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by Godspeed » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:29 pm

As a little cog in the NHS that’s quite a hard comment to take.
Every day I go in putting my life on the line for anyone and everyone no matter what their political views, their gender, their age.

I have to spend 8 solid hours in full PPE trying to protect myself and my family (am also a carer for my Dad who had a stroke 7 years ago). I watch people die, I hold their hands as they pass away, I clean them up-the blood, faeces and sick after they die. I sometimes don’t get a lunch break in 11 hour shifts because we are short staffed due to illness.

I wouldn’t ask anyone to stop riding, but just treat others as you would your own parent/sibling/child to protect them and yourself. I know there’s a lot of idiots out there but it doesn’t give us the right to be one too

Stay safe 👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda SH300 (too fast....)
Honda SH125 (Mini-Pad)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike) Honda Cub C90. (Enduro bike)

bikenav
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 pm
Location: Llanelli
Has thanked: 776 times
Been thanked: 452 times

Re: Riding a motorcycle during the current lockdown.

Post by bikenav » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:47 pm

Godspeed wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:29 pm
As a little cog in the NHS that’s quite a hard comment to take.
Every day I go in putting my life on the line for anyone and everyone no matter what their political views, their gender, their age.

I have to spend 8 solid hours in full PPE trying to protect myself and my family (am also a carer for my Dad who had a stroke 7 years ago). I watch people die, I hold their hands as they pass away, I clean them up-the blood, faeces and sick after they die. I sometimes don’t get a lunch break in 11 hour shifts because we are short staffed due to illness.

I wouldn’t ask anyone to stop riding, but just treat others as you would your own parent/sibling/child to protect them and yourself. I know there’s a lot of idiots out there but it doesn’t give us the right to be one too

Stay safe 👍
Thats a pretty hard read. But a very measuered response I think. Take care all whatever you do just, just do it with a little extra thought is the realistic answer.

Post Reply

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests