Peak district Trail info

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
bikenav

Peak district Trail info

Post by bikenav »

hello there all hoping to get up to the Peaks next week. not an area I have done much tarmac around let alone trail, so looking to see if i can get any info up front. riding a hopefully lightish loaded GS12 solo will have Karoo 3's on might even fit a new one on the back. Any route info would be great roads to do not fussed on sporty roads done the C and F etc on sports bike in another life. So shitty, tricky tarmac, moderate to medium trails, even more trails not to attempt, any GPX etc I am not a fan of giving hard earned trail info out for free either so happy to help out with info for my patch(South,West Wales) in exchange. If a local wants a spin with me I'll buy ya a pastie or what is the delacey of the region? for getting ya bike dirty. ta.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Peak district Trail info

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Hugh Cleary is your man!
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

I am not the best with computers but if you go to the ViewRanger website and look for my name or go to Castleton on the map where you should find an avatar of "Muffin the Mule" - not what your thinking but a long story.

If you can not find the routes then get back to me.

I am away from home this coming week but should still pick up messages.

TTFN

Hugh.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Hugh wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:05 pm Greetings,

I am not the best with computers but if you go to the ViewRanger website and look for my name or go to Castleton on the map where you should find an avatar of "Muffin the Mule" - not what your thinking but a long story.

If you can not find the routes then get back to me.

I am away from home this coming week but should still pick up messages.

TTFN

Hugh.
Hello there viewranger put up a good fight (its all but new to me) but found you eventually I will take a gander at your info see how I get on thanks for the help may comeback with a query or two via a pm. Thanks also Richard.
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Do you have an idea what day/s you're up here? Are you camping/hotelling or up for the day?
I live at the Sheffield end of Houndkirk Road, which I believe is part of the TET.
I’m not sure my back is up to big bike off roading, but I’ll have a go at some of the milder lanes on my GS if I’m around.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i can give you a big loop around the peaks some are ok on a big bike some most deffo arnt i cant tell you which is where ..its got some easier ones in and smoe pretty tough ones .... pm me your e mail if you want it and ill ping it over
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

SHarper wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:59 am Do you have an idea what day/s you're up here? Are you camping/hotelling or up for the day?
I live at the Sheffield end of Houndkirk Road, which I believe is part of the TET.
I’m not sure my back is up to big bike off roading, but I’ll have a go at some of the milder lanes on my GS if I’m around.
pm sent
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

minkyhead wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:57 am i can give you a big loop around the peaks some are ok on a big bike some most deffo arnt i cant tell you which is where ..its got some easier ones in and smoe pretty tough ones .... pm me your e mail if you want it and ill ping it over
pm sent thanks
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Just back from a great days trail riding in the Peaks although I couldn’t tell you where we’ve been!

We were doing a bit of the TET and stopped at Flash Bar for a sarnie where we met Darren.
He invited us to join his group and he led us on some cracking trails.

What a top bloke and his well sorted T7 is a beauty!
0152F5AD-4850-4EE4-AE20-3F24BA37EB5B.jpeg
0152F5AD-4850-4EE4-AE20-3F24BA37EB5B.jpeg (236.8 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

minkyhead wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:57 am i can give you a big loop around the peaks some are ok on a big bike some most deffo arnt i cant tell you which is where ..its got some easier ones in and smoe pretty tough ones .... pm me your e mail if you want it and ill ping it over
Hope you don't mind, I've pm you, be great to have a copy of the route.
Thanks

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”