Claerwen Reservoir Trail

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
phil_h

Re: Claerwen Reservoir Trail

Post by phil_h »

There's been a bit on the trf fb group about this recently. The private section is actually almost a mile long from the county boundary by claerwen to the river at the end of the ffair-rhos road section. It would be pushing your luck to think that pushing your bike over the bridge is enough ;) Apparently you can get formal permission by phoning or emailing the trust, who manage that bit of land for the water authority, which trf rides along there have done in the past.
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

yeah ... i have read that groups can get permission, but watch out for hooligan off-road bikers :roll: :lol:
I have seen a few nutters .. the last lot would have run me off the track, coming the other way, if i hadn't found the only deep rut on a nasty bend on the track .. just had to stop and hope, phew ... utter fukkin nutters belting along blindly and without regard for the decent nice rider like me :D

I have also seen numerous illegal ripped up tracks around Teify Pools, leading off the tarmac. You illegal bikers are just bastards :roll: :lol: ... i dont do it myself because i am a pathetic rider, and i actually value our countryside and wildlife, in a boring sort of way .. i dont even toss old plastic bottles onto our green land .. really hate that, and wont ride with people that do that 8-)

Now .. wot else can i complain about in an offended way? 8-) :lol:

o yeah ... twats pushing bikes thinking they are above the law .. You are still in control, (arguably), of a mpv and subject to all the law that that entails. :roll:

Image20171230_144029 by gary boy, on Flickr

if i can think of any more `holier than thou` post i will let rip :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

ps ... i meant to say that there is a great deal of abuse of our trails, and no wonder the authorities and land owners are clamping down, and trying to make `trespass` a criminal offence 8-) :( :(

(its like covid .. people will just not listen to reason) :mrgreen: :roll: :)
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

This was yesterday, I think someone has pulled the plug out :)

IMG_7316.JPEG
IMG_7316.JPEG (109.5 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
one-legged adventurer
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

That is low Bob , don't think I have ever seen it that low , did you do the strata mate or were you riding alone ?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”