A little adventure ride 5/6 Sept.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
dibbs

A little adventure ride 5/6 Sept.

Post by dibbs »

So Ive cobbled together a little day ride taking in some Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk lanes combined with an overnight camp for the 5th Sept. The route is on and off road from Braintree in Essex up to Wells next the sea on the north Norfolk coast which is where we will camp overnight (hopefully lol) ill post details of the campsite, and start point once i know numbers etc. there are two of us at the moment so if anyone wants to join us that's great. It wont be a mad hard route but off road tyres might be a good idea what with the rain lately! there are no hills in this part of the world so no need to worry about that, and im no pro guide so be prepared for frequent stops and missed junctions hahaha im a 'wing it' kind of guy!! but im happy for 4 more to join in if anyone fancies a weekend away! i reckon its about 150 mile route give or take! :D
bikenav

Re: A little adventure ride 5/6 Sept.

Post by bikenav »

thanks for the offer very kind of you. Not possible for myself, just returned from the area done a few trails in between a few WW2 sites in a completley new area to me , turned into a good little trip. Will put up a couple of pics once I sort through em.
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

large bike suitable , or trails
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Large bikes shouldn't be a problem V8Mark. Ive done the second part on an Africa Twin and the first part only has one or two gnarly lanes which can be easily ridden around. We will be on a 701 and PR7! it is on and off road so i would suggest some sort of off road tyres as if it stays a bit damp the grass can cause a problem if on road tyres!
v8mark

Post by v8mark »

Thanks for reply , i do have off road tyres fitted , just waiting for the engine bars to turn up , if they do and i can get them on i wouldn't mind joining you ,
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

ok cool, i'll probably be booking the campsite by Wednesday so let me know and then i can pm you the details, looks like another Africa twin might be joining as well so will be 4 of us!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sent you a WhatsApp Dibbs.... Is the flat county ready..
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hahahaha its ready and waiting for you mate! Ill send you the deets :D will be good to return the favour and have you along! Cigars arent mandatory lol....
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Okay Winston....I'll try my best to ride safely and not fall of a lot
.... I hear the Cromer girls are rather special.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

Tramp wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:37 pm .... I hear the Cromer girls are rather special.
Really? But they might have crabs!
:lol:

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”